Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

need help deciding psi

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
HCF Member
Default need help deciding psi

I am going to be boosting in under 2 weeks now, need help deciding which spring I should put in, the 7psi or the 9psi. This car is my daily driver with stock internals. I guess my question could be boiled down to would my car be alright at 9psi with stock internals? I know 10psi is kind of the cut off mark for when you need low compression pistons, etc. I think 7psi would get me close to the power I want but not quite there, and 9 would definitely get me there but I want to make sure that it would be safe to run 9psi on stock internals?

Old 06-29-2008, 09:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: need help deciding psi

Power is dependent on cfm, not boost pressure. Throw in the 7lb spring and buy a reliable mbc; you can always increase the boost pressure without changing out springs. Have your tuner adjust as necessary when you get numbers on what you're putting down. If running an fmu, dont push it. All depends on size of turbo
________
Laurell

Last edited by arust45; 09-10-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

Depends on turbo size and whos tuning your setup. Most likely go with the 7psi spring. Your 7psi spring could possibly spike slightly at times so you might ending up seeing 8-9psi every now and then anyway.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

great thanks... yea i just saw on team-integra.net a post and it says for ls/gs/rs the max psi on stock internals is 5-7 psi, and gsr was 6-8 psi I believe.

Another quick question, I've been reading a lot of old posts lately and theres a lot of issues with the radiator. Maybe its just for civics, but I've seen a lot of set-ups where they needed a half radiator? I'm going to have a FMIC so does anyone know if my full size (direct stock replacement) mishimoto radiator will still fit my set up?

Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 00IntegraLS

great thanks... yea i just saw on team-integra.net a post and it says for ls/gs/rs the max psi on stock internals is 5-7 psi, and gsr was 6-8 psi I believe.
psi level does not matter, it's the amount of hp that matters.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Snail'n Admin

Sigh...youre back?

Old 06-30-2008, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

hey GReddy_Civic, I would greatly appreciate it if you would just never post on any of my threads ever again.. I was under the impression that the whole point of forums was to gain knowledge and have your questions answered. So please just F off, you have 1718 posts and 1500 of them are stupid pointless posts with you treating everyone else like dirt because you know more than most people on here.. well thats great, I'm happy for you, congratulations, but some people DO actually have questions and im so damn sick if your lack of useful posts. Let me guess, your come back is going to be, "DURR! you have 256 posts and 256 of them are pointless! DURR!"

Old 07-01-2008, 12:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gsumano

psi level does not matter, it's the amount of hp that matters.
Werd. 7 psi from a TD04 isnt gunna make nearly as much power as 7 psi from an HX35. Focus on how much power you want and boost to it. And in case you were wondering, I would go much over 300 horse without sleeves.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Snail'n Admin

ORIGINAL: 00IntegraLS

hey GReddy_Civic, I would greatly appreciate it if you would just never post on any of my threads ever again.. I was under the impression that the whole point of forums was to gain knowledge and have your questions answered. So please just F off, you have 1718 posts and 1500 of them are stupid pointless posts with you treating everyone else like dirt because you know more than most people on here.. well thats great, I'm happy for you, congratulations, but some people DO actually have questions and im so damn sick if your lack of useful posts. Let me guess, your come back is going to be, "DURR! you have 256 posts and 256 of them are pointless! DURR!"
Hahaha youre a funny sack of worthlessness. I don't care what I know, and I know a lot less than other people here. I'm just sick of you posting stupid *** questions about boost that ANYONE whos done any amount of research would know. You've been told many times about your stupidy, so please fix it. By the way, a fire..

Old 07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

lol oh man.... you guys should have a shtick together

Quick Reply: need help deciding psi