Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

The myth of low CR with high boost

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Default RE: The myth of low CR with high boost

d-series rods are like twigs they are no bigger than my finger.and they snap like twigs.trust me,i now have a b18a as aresult of them.just keep the boost low (6-8lbs.)and have a reliable boost controller.and dont street tune, dyno it,its fragile

Old 04-18-2007, 07:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: StinkBOMB

Is 12,000 miles a fair estimate? Or am I underating stock internals on a K series motor?
K's are built like tanks, that's why they're so popular, new technology and better design.

if i'm correct, you are definitely underestimating the k's internal's. I'm not sure what trim, but i've seen a mid-500hp boosted setup on stock internals at over 2 bar, and it could handle that, but it's not recommended for a dd, or reliability with that setup.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:49 AM

i know im gonna get some laughs for this one but its for a friend and he's not trying to do much right now....

1.5L SOHC
stock internals
upgraded fuel injectors
boost controller
no intercooler (for now)

how much boost will be safe on this engine? 6-8 psi?

thanks guys.....

Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

the head doesn't fail on boosted honda engines, the bottom ends do -- especially piston rods, piston heads and block walls/sleeves...

Old 05-10-2007, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: stubAdub

i know im gonna get some laughs for this one but its for a friend and he's not trying to do much right now....

1.5L SOHC
stock internals
upgraded fuel injectors
boost controller
no intercooler (for now)

how much boost will be safe on this engine? 6-8 psi?

thanks guys.....
No laughs from here my freind. I <3 1.5L's.

Read the FAQ sticky of this section. You'll find "psi" or "lbs" doesn't mean squat.

Try a DSM T25, get an intercooler, and use a Z6 head/IM//ECU/etc. Check out a HF/CX/STD manfiold on homemadeturbo.com also. Keep fuel (premium) around 12:1and run conservative iginition timing. It should be good for ~200hp.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:19 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I got a 100% complete turbo kit that'll slap right on your motor.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

ok just to make sure i understand you all. if your want to take a stock n/a motor and boost it and still have it as a dd, for relability and safety, it is good to lower the cr. so after you have a complete turbo kit, plans for a good tune, what would be the easiest way to lower your cr and how much lower would it have to go. i don't know alot on this subject just trying to fully understand every aspect of boosting before i even turn the first nut to do it.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM

dished pistons

Old 12-21-2007, 09:28 AM
HCF Member

now before i ask this no one please give me the you don't even need to begin boosting your car speech cause i'm not. i'm just learning all i can so that when the time does come to boost it i am well imformed. so now i'll bring on the newbieness. what exactly are dished pistons and how will they low the cr?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Cat Fuсker

they're concave therefore they increase the volume of the combustion chamber at TDC therefore they reduce compression kinda thing.

Quick Reply: The myth of low CR with high boost