Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

just got my turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Default RE: just got my turbo kit

E-manage will run it fine with the kit as is, but if you plan to turn the boost up yeah ditch it.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: dfdon

intercooler?
Intercooler didn't come with the kit but I got one that im going to use from a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.
Is that the BOV on the turbo? If not I guess I have to get one.
Whats wrong with the Emanagement, looks like it will let me hook my laptop up to my car?
I don't really want to turn the boost up on this kit, I think 8PSI will be enough for me.
Another question, should I advance the timming on my engine or will the emanagement do it for me? If not what is a good timming adjustment?

Old 10-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

No, the thing on the turbo is your Wastegate, you will need to get a BOV, a flange, and have the flange welded to your intake pipe.

In a nutshell, the thing with e-manage is that it only delivers a semi-accurate tune. Like mentioned above if everything is stock on your car and you're using all the pieces from the kit and nothing else, chances are it'll run just fine. However, you will not be a max power potential, and if I had to guess, you'll run a bit rich.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:35 PM
HCF Member

What you saying makes sense but I don't think I'm going to mod my car much after the turbo so it might work just fine for me. Ill run the emanagement for a while and if I don't like it I'll take it off.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:29 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: mr.w

What you saying makes sense but I don't think I'm going to mod my car much after the turbo...
Yeah, we'll see about that, I used to say the same thing

Old 10-31-2006, 10:46 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

you might want to upgrade to some t bolts as well.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

you might want to upgrade to some t bolts as well.
Yeah, I didn't even think about that, but it's definitely a solid investment. You don't want to end up like me stuck at a gas station ripping the entire front bumper cover off the car in 30* raining weather [:@]

Old 10-31-2006, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

Youre going to run into some problems with the charge piping as its designed to work without an intercooler. The pipes will have to be altered to work with an intercooler, or just buy new pipes. Is that the 15G turbo? What did u pay for that kit? Someone I know is selling a better greddy kit with an intercooler very soon, ya prob coulda bought that and saved money being it is a 100% complete kit.

Old 10-31-2006, 03:42 PM
HCF Member

I got this kit for $1300. I don't have AC so I'm going to try to put the intercooler where the AC is supposed to be next to the radiator. I'm pretty sure I can cut down some of the piping and connect it to the intercooler, if not then I know some where that I can get pipping made. I'm still looking for an 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" exhaust and BOV, any suggestions?

Old 11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
HCF Member

So if your going to run low psi like 6-8 on e-manange do you not need to tune your car or do you still need it done?

Quick Reply: just got my turbo kit