Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Just got my "SSCHROME" turbo kit...PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:26 PM
HCF Member
Default Just got my "SSCHROME" turbo kit...PICS

Got my turbo kit today. Let me know what you think...Comments, thoughts, ideas, etc. But I don't want to hear "That's one of those SSCHROME kits." I know it is, and I don't care. I'm gonna make it work somehow.........somehow.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: Just got my "SSCHROME" turbo kit...PICS

good lookin'...I guess that manifold will do for now, but get that replaced...whose welds look like it was put together with chewing gum...kinda like my welding:-D

Old 12-16-2005, 03:47 PM

Manifold welds are what first gave SS a bad name.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:35 PM
HCF Member

Okay, I quit! I've been looking for about 30 minutes for individual turbo parts that'll fit a D16. Can't find what I'm looking for. Basically, looking for a turbo header, piping to connect it all (so I don't have to DIY), and coolant/oil lines for it all! Any places you all shop?

Old 12-16-2005, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

Well, you can get mandrel bends on ebay for ~$100 and oil lines are pretty universal as far as I know. You'll just needs couplings and some straight pipe after that.

What are you doing for fuel/engine management?

I am very interested to see this kit in action after everyone gives them so much hell.

Old 12-16-2005, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

good luck with the kit. ive seen them fail and ive seen them last. ive been contemplating one but cant bring myself to buy one yet.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:43 PM
HCF Member

nice..seems like everyone is getting a turbo now, mabey all the bad reviews are just a hoxe

Old 12-17-2005, 01:21 AM
HCF Member

Sniper, I'm not going to put it on for a little while yet. I gotta get a bunch of different upgrades first, build the engine up a little, and the fuel management stuff alone's gonna be $$$$ so yeah...I figured I'd check out Hondata (I've got an OBDII, what do I do to revert to OBDI, BTW?) Thinking about bigger injectors and stuff like that, but I just need to find the time to scrub these turbo threads for every scrap of info I can. I don't just want to throw it on and blow a rod through my only ride. I think it will work fine. Aside from the header, the quality isn't THAT bad (that I can see from the outside). There's absolutely no shaft play at all, and I had my friend who used to rebuild turbochargers and install/repair turbo kits look it all over. He doesn't know much about Civics but he said the only major problem he may see is the turbo lag with having a turbo that big (just wondering how much lag would I get with this T3/04?) I'm hoping they have failed only cuz people have abused them...I don't plan on turnin' up the boost as high as I can and having the whole thing tear itself apart. I've GOT to be gentle with it cuz I gotta be gentle w/ my engine!

Old 12-17-2005, 02:45 AM
HCF Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/TURBO-MANIFOLD-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 12-17-2005, 08:57 AM

Tanker, good luck with the turbo install when you're ready to do it. IMO, I would weld the fitting on your oil pan so that there won't be any oil leaking (just a tip).

Quick Reply: Just got my "SSCHROME" turbo kit...PICS