Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

HOW TO SHIFT USING NOS

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Default HOW TO SHIFT USING NOS

I JUST HAD MY NOS KIT INSTALL. HE PUT IT THAT I DONT HAVE TO USE THE BUTTON I JUST STEP ON THE GAS. BUT WHAT HAS ME CONFUSE IS THAT I WAS TOLD NOT TO USE NOS ON FIRST GEAR. BUT IF THE NOS IS ACTIVATED WHEN I HIT THE GAS WHAT DO I DO?

Old 07-12-2004, 04:55 PM
Default RE: HOW TO SHIFT USING NOS

he's saying not to use it through first as traction will be a major concern as well as low rpm engine damage from the strain of the nitrous burst. its kinda tricky if you have no button to push, your going to have to learn to stay out of nitrous in 1st by not using full throttle. its something you have to practice with. as far as shifting, do your very best to shift before the rev limit/fuel cut as major engine damage can occur within that split second. also while on nitrous you can actually run a faster et by shifting sooner than you would without it as you can use the full potential of the tq curve while nitrous is activated. my experience with nitrous was with a zex kit, which used the tps voltage to activate. i would just launch at 4k and hold the pedal about 3/4 the way until i got into 2nd, then i would floor it.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:49 AM
HCF Member

wow, I never knew you could run it without a button???[sm=smiley3.gif] when does the nitrous kick in and how?? Thats pretty cool.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:09 PM
NTX
HCF Member

My kit was set up the same way. They should have added an arming switch. Run like normal, then arm it when you get to the point at which you want to use it.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:39 PM

ORIGINAL: polo708

wow, I never knew you could run it without a button???[sm=smiley3.gif] when does the nitrous kick in and how?? Thats pretty cool.
its a switch on the floor behind the gas pedal and when you mash the pedal down it activates the switch. they had one on this badass truck on TRUCKS. they put nitrous and propane injection.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:12 PM

MY SWITCH IS IN MY GLOVE CONPARTMENT I JUST TURN IT ON AND FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING JUST STEP ON IT.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:44 PM
NTX
HCF Member

My arming switch is in the box too. What I do is get up to the speed I want, then arm and go. Thats the only way you can run the first few gears hard while stayin off the juice....

Old 07-14-2004, 10:30 PM

im with that guy^^^^^^^ anyhow as far as nitrous activation..... zex goes by tps voltage at WOT.....nx,nos and others rely on a micro switch either placed behind the gas pedel or at the TB.

Old 07-15-2004, 04:55 PM

YEA WHAT IAM GOING TO DO IS JUST TURN THE NITROUS WHEN I BUILD UP SPEED. THAT MIGHT BE THE SAFEST WAY.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:03 PM
NTX
HCF Member

you can also have a push button installed and remove the throttle switch.

Quick Reply: HOW TO SHIFT USING NOS