Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

help with 2010 lx mods!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Default help with 2010 lx mods!

Got a 5 spd, 1.8 sohc i-vtec., I was wounderin if anyone knows where to get a supercharger for it since I don't really have the money for a Turbo. Second I was woundering if you can attach an electric supercharger to a aftermarket polished air intake... also any ideas to get most hp for less money suggestions greatly appreciated..

Old 07-11-2010, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

With a newer car like that.. any mods will void your warranty...

I would check out
http://www.ststurbo.com/ Its amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it.. If you go that route you can find alot of info on the net about building a junkyard kit..

Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

The "electric supercharger" is a bunch of BS. DO NOT GET IT.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by civclxcrab
With a newer car like that.. any mods will void your warranty...

I would check out
http://www.ststurbo.com/ Its amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it.. If you go that route you can find alot of info on the net about building a junkyard kit..
You know, every time you post I just wanna fuсking slap you. You have no experience doing that yet you recommend it.

To the original poster,

What in the world gave you the idea that a supercharger is cheaper than turbo? That's not true at all. You bought this car for what purpose? Why didn't you just buy a faster car to begin with like an Si if you were going to waste 2-3 grand on making your BRAND NEW econobox still slower than cars you could have bought for the same amount as this project will total. From what I gather - there is not a supercharger for the R18 (at least that was the case a year ago when I cared to look around for one). You could make one work, but that will be a lot of work and money.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 AM

I got it because. I got the civic lx for 1/2 the price of the si coupe, and second insurance was out the *** for me in an si... and that 3 poster is right, it doesn't void ur warrenty, for clarification to anyone reading it doesn't void your warrenty UNLESS the part installed is the DIRECT cause of the malfunction of the car.. honda states this... though there is a grey area with ECU changes if anyone has light on that fill me in!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:03 AM
Cat Fuсker

Yeah, if your wheel bearing fails it's no the fault of any F/I system, but good luck proving to any dealer that your engine/clutch/tranny failed NOT because of it. They won't even talk to you.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:45 AM
HCF Member

I used to have a Eaton m90 and i also used to run a 75shot..
I had a Freind with a 00 z28 camro ran a 100 shot... The funny thing he he unhooked his bottle and drove the car into the dealer ship with is Drag Radial.. Bec he broke is rearend.. They fixed it under warranty ...

Old 07-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Cat Fuсker

That's funny, because a buddy of my took in his brand new mustang into the dealer to service something stupid and they pulled out a pic of him running at ATCO and saying "Sorry, but your car no longer has a warranty". It doesn't work with most dealers. His wasn't even modified.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:29 AM
HCF Member

Sounds like your freind needs a new dealer....

Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Originally Posted by civclxcrab
I used to have a Eaton m90 and i also used to run a 75shot..
I had a Freind with a 00 z28 camro ran a 100 shot... The funny thing he he unhooked his bottle and drove the car into the dealer ship with is Drag Radial.. Bec he broke is rearend.. They fixed it under warranty ...

You sound like you're 12.

Oh and that story never happened, you're not fooling anyone

Quick Reply: help with 2010 lx mods!