Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

D-Series turbo setup help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Default D-Series turbo setup help?

Alright guys. Im new to the forum so ill start off by saying hi my names Joe. So im postin because i used to be a honda guy then merged to ford and played with mustangs. But the whole time i had my civic project sitting in my garage and i decided i want to finish it and use it strictly for drag only. So heres the deal. Im not looking for any flame just serious help please. I bought the car with a D15B2 and i decided instead of doing a motor swap and changing everything over that i was gonna build it because i work at a automotive machine shop. So my motor is built with the whole nine yards....rods,pistons,polished crank, spiral polished 1.6 valves, springs, custom ground cam, block gaurd,port and polished and so on. So its by far from stock. So its capable of holding boost. But i got the dpfi setup. Now heres the catch. Im keeping the dpfi no matter what. Because i had my head aluminum welded and port and polished to match with the runners of the dpfi manifold. So i cant swap it. So now im stuck on what to do with fuel?? I have a fuel cell in the trunk. But what about injectors? I read that u can run 5psi but thats asking for trouble. I dont wanna go and blow something up that i spent alot of time and money on. So please tell me what my options are for DPFI?
By the way its a 89 civic hatch. and heres a quick pic.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Default RE: D-Series turbo setup help?

You won't see a whole lot of advancement in dpfi because, it causes unequal a/f in the cylinders. But, do you have forged internals? ie...pistons, rods, crank. You could do high c/p but, if you had a d16y8 or b16 and a budget $$. You could be looking at 500 whp+ with a turbo setup or NOS.