Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

BOV on a N/A Engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Default BOV on a N/A Engine

I know we've been trying to do this for ages, but no luck. Well here's another idea I thought of .Today in my autoshop ROP, We just finished smog and emission crap. One of the things that caught my intrest was this. The air pump. I may say this a little akwardly, but i hope i'm right. the air pump is turned by a pulley like any othe accessory that needs power. and the air pump puts air into the exhaust to reduce NOX. when you step off the gas, the EGR valve releases pressure that was being built up from the exhaust( that would go back into the intake manifold). If possible. couldn't we find a way for the air pump to produce more pressure to exhaust using a BOV?!?! Or, find/create a BOV that releases under a weaker amount of pressure. when I talk about the BOV I refer to it replacing the EGR valve. Hence the idea.

Well. whadya stink of that!!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 10:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: BOV on a N/A Engine

if its adjustable, it should open under vaccum alone. how much pressure is there in that pump? enough to make a decent noise?

Old 04-26-2005, 12:05 AM

I'll ask my teacher tomorrow, but I think that the pump only produces maybe 1-2 psi, just to get it air flowing and not through the engine. That's why i was saying either get the pump to make more pressure(ie: bigger turbine or smaller pulley[so that it revs faster]) or make a really weak BOV. Any actual mechanics have an opinion on this i'm going to send this link to my uncle, he's a mechanic up in seattle, washington. I'll see what he says, he's got like 34 years PLUS he's a certified master technician. I trust his opinions. he's got a lot of little toys(atc's, mini rail with NOS, seadoos, street bikes.... it goes on and on.....)

Old 04-29-2005, 01:31 AM

bump. mods can move to turbo suprecharger therad if you want.