Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Boost Project Problem..

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default Boost Project Problem..

Alright, so I finally got everything hooked up and tried to start it last night. Well, it started up and ran pretty good, a little rough, but that's to bo expected considering I haven't turned it on in 5 days. I was leaking some oil because we forgot to torque the friggin manifold to the adaptor plate[:@], but that's not my issue..

My issue is this, when I noticed the oil leak, I went to turn the car off, and it wouldnt turn off. The son of a bitch just kept running, even when I turned the key all the way back, AND pulled it out. I'm sure you can imagine the sense of panic I felt...Lori said the look on my face was priceless.....smartass. I did finally get it to shut down, but I had to turn the key forward for a split second and let it kill itself. I now know I can just pull the ecu fuse, but in my panic, it was the only thing I could think of..

Anywho, has anyone ever had this happen?!? I talked to a buddy of mine and he said it happened to him, and that it has something to do with the injector wiring (he too had an EK). I'm going to explore the wiring today, but if anyone else has any suggestions, PLEASE post 'em up. Thanks guys!

......it hurts to be this close to being boosted, and have stupid **** like this happen [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 07-19-2006, 11:25 AM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: Boost Project Problem..

damn tony that sucks...i hope you get it figured out tonight

post some pics of everything man

Old 07-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: aryiman98civic

damn tony that sucks...i hope you get it figured out tonight

post some pics of everything man
I refuse to post pics until this is all over, for the simple fact that I am not happy with things right now, and I will probably just come off as "bitchy." As soon as everything is done and running I will be able to recap... just wait until you see the video from this **** that happened last night. I'm ****ing pissed about it now, but I know I will laugh later

Old 07-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Recognized HCF Member

could it be something with your ignition switch?

Old 07-19-2006, 03:40 PM
HCF Member

weird.......i doubt it has anything to do with inj wiring since the main relay controls the fuel pump as well as spark so obviously the main relay is still seeing power.. id try swapping the ign switch to a known good one.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:04 PM

damn sorry i dont know how to fix it or what to tell ya but good luck. i cant wait to see this thing runnin

Old 07-19-2006, 06:15 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

YES VIDEO!!! i can't wait to see that ****

Old 07-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: finalimpact

weird.......i doubt it has anything to do with inj wiring since the main relay controls the fuel pump as well as spark so obviously the main relay is still seeing power.. id try swapping the ign switch to a known good one.
Actually, it had EVERYTHING to do with the injector wiring. Weirdest ****ing thing I've ever seen. I redid all the injector wiring (see thread in Engine Management section for explination of why) and it solved the issue.

Oh, and it wasn't an oil leak, I was shooting fuel out the front of my exhaust[:@]

Old 07-20-2006, 11:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member

^^^that could of been bad if that fuel Ignited and caught on fire in your engine bay

Old 07-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

^^^that could of been bad if that fuel Ignited and caught on fire in your engine bay

...sorry, couldnt resist

The fuel was falling straight down onto the floor, and I cleaned it off the turbo really well before trying to crank it again. Plus I had my trusty fire extinguisher with me

Quick Reply: Boost Project Problem..