Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

b18c5 turbo hatch

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Default RE: b18c5 turbo hatch

ORIGINAL: Remmy

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Type R trans is just a bad idea overall. The gearing is waaaaayyy too short for what you're going to be trapping, not to mention it's going to make for all kinds of traction issues.

The gearing on my Si is rediculously short. Like at 80 mph im doing 4-5 rpms in 5th gear!
I know it's bad, but the ITR gearing is even worse lol.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Yes, I will tell everyone the same thing. If you're going to be a bitch, and worry about every little thing all the time, then you shouldn't be tuning cars, end of story.
You know what, I'll actually agree with you there. When it comes to moding and racing cars, increasing wear and tear is unavoidable. You WILL break something sooner than later.

But when it comes to water/methanol injection, I would just prefer not to use it. Anyone else can run whatever the hell they want.

::edit:: And just for the record. I state things matter-of-factly, too much so sometimes. But anyone can correct me and I'll be humble about it.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

Man, you are CHUCK FULL of usefull info, absolutely no sarcasm intended. It's just the delivery you choose to use for the most part rubs me the wrong way. But I'm easily irritable, so who gives a damn..

Old 11-30-2006, 05:57 PM

Nah, I'm pretty hard on people. Not worth elaborating on. I'm trying to be less assertive though.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:04 PM

(Kinde drunk, disregard.)

Old 11-30-2006, 07:08 PM

Wow, lots of replies lol.
anyway, got the car back yesterday. all i have to say is this car is absoluetely ridiculous.
and, it has made me realize two things:
1. Different trans
2. Dont drive in snow PERIOD

Ill have videos up soon hopefully, i dont have a digital camera but one is in the works.

Anyway, on to the fun stuff. Getting onto the freeway, it was wet, they had put down some de icer i guess. I turned onto the on ramp in first, and rolled onto about half throttle, shifting at 3500. As i grabbed second i laid into the throttle a bit before shifting into third, the wheels broke loose a bit and i could feel some play in the steering wheel. I got onto the freeway cruising in 4th at about 4000. I was changing lanes, saw some foglights in the next laane over. Just so happens it was a Subaru. A de badged STI.. i damn near **** my pants right there. I got up next to him, and he began to mess with me, hitting the gas and letting off, and such. I left it in fourth and got on it. Spooled right up and by the time he hit the gas i was about two cars ahead. He dropped a gear i think, but not really sure, anyway, he began to pull on me. He was about a car back when the VTEC kicked in and i evened up with him. I dont really think roll ons prove anything.. so i decided to get off the freeway
I let off, he did the same, i shifted over a lane, and got off the freeway. He followed me. we got to the light, cars in his lane and nobody behind me so when the light turned green i waited up for him, he didnt really wait for me though when he went buy me he was probably doing 40 before i got goin, so i got on it and fell back to like 5 or 6 cars cuz of wheelspin.. gah.. stupid damn snow, i let off, and he turned off. pointless to even try to race in the snow, plus i feel like a total moron racing on a street that i probably couldnt stop on.

That was my first drive in the hatch. its definetely hard to control, but i think i made a decent decision. Kinda wishing i had some longer gears tho, definetely not fun with all that wheelspin. vids/dyno soon hopefully

Old 11-30-2006, 07:34 PM

Haha, just so you know, any kind of not dry surface on the road you are going to spin. I spin on off in 3rd when it's wet, 2nd is just useless.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:38 PM

well yeah i figured that out today.. :S i hate snow lol only in the mountains

Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

Haha, just so you know, any kind of not dry surface on the road you are going to spin. I spin on off in 3rd when it's wet, 2nd is just useless.

Seriously, even in my untuned D series Auto Turbo civic I was spinning thru "2nd" in slightly wet conditions.

Old 11-30-2006, 11:39 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Type R trans is just a bad idea overall. The gearing is waaaaayyy too short for what you're going to be trapping, not to mention it's going to make for all kinds of traction issues.

The gearing on my Si is rediculously short. Like at 80 mph im doing 4-5 rpms in 5th gear!
I know it's bad, but the ITR gearing is even worse lol.
barely. the FD is a little shorter in the ITR, but the rest of the gearing is exactly the same. and correct me if im wrong, but isnt the 96 spec itr fd 4.4:1, same as the b16a. and gearing aside, without an LSD, youre never going to get any traction whatsoever, and for the cost of an installed quaiffe, you can get a type r trans and almost no downtime, rather than waiting for an install on a ls or gsr tranny. for a easy budget build, type r tranny is hard to beat. even if the gearing is a little short for turbo.

Quick Reply: b18c5 turbo hatch