Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

About the supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 02:28 AM
Default RE: About the supercharger

Both of my belts are Gatorbacks (good year). I had slip with the 2.2" (stock was 2.5") even with the oversized idler pulley until I got the gatorbacks. The gators allow the belt to wrap a tighter circumference than a standard grooved belt. Works like a charm until you shred one at the dragstrip

Neuspeed or someone that knows their blower kit for the Jetta is building (or has built) an IC that drops into the plenum between the roots and intake manifold....in your avatar, you'd take it and machine a block out in the 'fingers', then drop the core in there.

If your SC is like that avatar pic, you could leverage. Looks identical to the Neuspeed M45 setup.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:33 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: red91civicDX

Neuspeed or someone that knows their blower kit for the Jetta is building (or has built) an IC that drops into the plenum between the roots and intake manifold....in your avatar, you'd take it and machine a block out in the 'fingers', then drop the core in there.
I'll have to look into that, do you know any sites or is that it?

Old 02-13-2005, 02:36 AM

I'll get some info for you on monday from a bud at work. He's got the neuspeed M45 on the Jetta.....and he's the one that told me about it. It seems like a pretty inexpensive setup. Just have to pull the blower (or plenum if it's seperate) and have it machined for the core.

I'll get what info I can. But really, the idea is sound. If you were to find a core the right size, you could fab it yourself, and not buy the kit

You have a pic of your setup?

Old 02-13-2005, 02:42 AM
HCF Member

I wish I knew that much... installing and tuning a blower is no problem. Custom building an IC on a roots is a problem, haha.

man I love talking FI.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:44 AM

One you've tasted boost, there's no going back. I'd do something to my 91 Civic if it didn't have a quarter-million miles on it. It's my commuter/winter beater while I work over the beast:

That's my M62 in there. Intercooler is going in as soon as I fab adapter brackets for the alternator bracket (which attaches to the ND) and lengthen my fuel rail to reach over.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:49 AM
HCF Member

I have pics in the link in my sig, they were from when the blower was first put on. I need to upload some newer ones.

Do you have fuel starvation problems? Im thinking of getting a boost-a-pump. My friend just put one in and its amazing.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:54 AM

No, my stock fuel pump and injectors will take me up to 400hp. What you're looking at is the grandson of the Buick Grand National 231cubicinch Turbo, turned sideways, and switched to roots.

All the 92-99 Bonnevilles came with the Strut bar standard, and the SSEi's got the Supercharger, forged internals, beefier fuel pump and bigger injectors. We've got a guy running 12's with stock fuel delivery. Got another in the 10's, but I think he finally went with a bigger FP and Injectors.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:59 AM

Looking at the pics, it's hard to tell, but there might be room in the plenum to insert a core. I'll check out the TRD kit on their website and get the neuspeed IC info. Might be some possibilities here, but I'm also betting I'm not the first to suggest it for the TRD setup. Sooner or later, everyone will push the roots to the point they wished they had an IC>

Old 02-13-2005, 03:08 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: red91civicDX

but I'm also betting I'm not the first to suggest it for the TRD setup. Sooner or later, everyone will push the roots to the point they wished they had an IC>
Yeah, there have been talks of people going with a custom IC, but the price tag was up there. I've pushed mine to the point of wanting an IC when it was first bolted on. The pulley and WI was just a quick fix, haha

Old 02-13-2005, 11:44 AM

WI is a bandaid for KR, but has it's other benefits. I just tore down my whole top end (been 50K since the last time) and it's alot cleaner. Motor looks like it has 5k on it.

Quick Reply: About the supercharger