Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

About the supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 03:31 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: About the supercharger

vortech and Jackson... you really cant go wrong with either.

As for the numbers that you are seeing... those are the numbers with the stock blower pulley. You can up the boost by installing a smaller pulley and leaning out the a/f ratio for some better numbers.

Old 01-28-2005, 03:43 PM
HCF Member

ahhh. Pulley, so baiscally when i get t a S/C, might as well instal lighter pulleys too. What is the link to Vortech?

Old 01-28-2005, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

it isnt really a lighter pulley, its a smaller pulley (in diameter). When its smaller then that means that the blower is spinnng faster, hence more boost.

the site is http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/

Old 01-28-2005, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

i figured that. i was talking about aluminum pulleys that are "lighter". I dont see why theres a 10 hp increase from a slighty light pulley. pretty much anything that is cylindrically balanced should always be easy to spin. the blocky peice of art outside the metro (i think) in newyork is balanced perfectly, even a child can spin it and its like 15 feet tall and HEAVY.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:16 PM

Smaller aftermarket pulleys on SC's are great for hp and torque, but they are limited. As you increase boost pressures, so does the heat, and results in KR.
You can fight KR at the track with higher octane, or run water/alcohol injection in concert.

BOV's are cool sounding, but if you want a truly hair-raising sound, listen to the whine of a Supercharger at 16000 rpm's The straight cut gears in the nosedrive
sound similar to an Indy car trans.

Old 02-13-2005, 12:50 AM
HCF Member

the aftermarket (accessory, not SC) pulleys drive the accessories slower than usual, so it takes less power to turn them. thats where most of the power comes from. and IMO-Vortech=[:'(] its Roots or nothing!

Old 02-13-2005, 01:14 AM

Roots is the way. Your intelligence must be due to your proximity to Davis

I have an Eaton Helical Roots on top (factory), running a much smaller pulley. Currently building an intercooler......tough trick with the Eaton sitting on top of the LIM. Hoping to step down another notch or two in pulley diameters.

I've played around with water injection quite a bit, and have found it to be of great benefit. A friend at work is also doing this with a Neuspeed Eaton kit on a Jetta. Both of us have seen significantly reduced KR. Springtime will bring some more testing, with a 50/50 water/methanol mix.

Got whine? I got a couple whining vids.......
www.williamwren.com/bonnevillepics/100mph.mpg
www.williamwren.com/100mph.mpg <<<<<different vid than above
http://www.williamwren.com/splash.mpg

Live for the whine.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:08 AM
HCF Member

Sounds sweet, Im running an Eaton M45 (TRD badged though) with a 2.3" pulley and water injection. Also an Additional injector controller which also controls my w/i.

The whine at 16,ooo rmp is music to my ears.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:12 AM

I'm running the M62 at 16000 on a 2.2" pulley. pushing to 2.1" and 2.0" this spring in stages. Can't go smaller without using the input shaft as the pulley. I'm injecting pre-rotor until I get my IC built and installed (about 3 weeks). Post rotor then. I'll have another temp sensor installed in the IC, too.

Right now I'm only running WI at WOT. Not for everyday use, really, and it suits me fine that way.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:20 AM
HCF Member

sounds close to my setup, Its too expensive to IC my setup so im stuck with just WI until someone decides to mass produce an IC and sell it at a decent price. My WI is set at full boost, but I need to tune it through my AIC and set it at a specific RPM. I'd love to go to a 2.2" or even a 2.1" pulley, but without an IC im too worried. The roots runs pretty warm as it is and my ride is a daily driver. My injection point is about 3 inches before my TB and seems to work great.

Have you heard of the Gatorbelt? I heard it works wonders... I get a feeling that my belt is slipping, but im not positive.

Quick Reply: About the supercharger