Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

94 civic dx installed turbo, tried to read all

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Default 94 civic dx installed turbo, tried to read all

I have tried to figure out whats what here. I have a list here and hopefully someone can help. I got on a kick and bought a lot of junk off of ebay. I have the turbo, intercooler, and everything installed. I have a chip off of ebay and I am really worried now that I have read what some have to say.I have ran it alittle, just a few miles but I still have to put the injectors in. The wastegate I have has upper and lower vacuum lines. where do they go? I do have a vaccum block and I have te upper tied in, just dont know the correct way. Please forgive the lack of knowledge, This is the first time I have ever tried to install a turbo. When I dove it Iwas pushing around 7 psi at 6000rpm, max psi I hit. Its a stock engine with 140k miles. I am in colorado right now, so if anyone can direct me to a tuner and what it would cost to have it tuned before I blow the thing up. Please reply, and thanks. Aaron

Old 02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Default RE: 94 civic dx installed turbo, tried to read all

well. I did get the ebay chip out and ordered hondatas s100 chip. Also dont know what else I need, any help would be greatfull.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Recognized HCF Member

were do you live in colorado, i also live up north in colorado and know a couple tuners all over the state.

ft.collins- PFIspeed
Aurura- TcPerformance
Co. Springs- Servion

and theres others

Old 02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

have you ran the car at all? Untuned and with no wastegate lines? Bad idea.....the Hondata is a good idea, take Dustin's advice about those tuners, he's been boosted for a while and knows whats up. As for the vacuum lines, hook them up to the brake booster line. Thats the thick black hose coming off the back side of the intake manifold. Put a vacuum T on that line and run vacuum lines to the wastegate. What about the other vacuum lines? (gauges if you have them, BOV, etc.) Do you have any of them hooked up? If not, get a Golden Eagel vacuum manifold, run the source for the manifold off of the brake booster like mentioned earlier and then install as many nipples as you need of of the vac mani. Its a good constant source for vacuum and it cleans up all the lines ALOT.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:22 PM

I have a vacuum manifold with lines to the bov, and the top side of the wastegate. the one that isnt hooked up is the bottom side of the wastegate. At idle the wastegate is open(vacuum opening the diaphram) Also I am dwn here in pueblo west. Also, for tuning do I absolutely have to have a wideband o2. And if so is the innovate any good. As far as the wategate goes its a cheap one. Short on dollars. Will be replacing a lot of the stuff later on. First time install, kind of having fun up to the point of tuning. Now just clueless. I appreciate the help. Thanks Aaron

Old 02-04-2008, 06:23 PM

Also, thinking of tc out of arvada I think. Just a bit of a drive and dont have a car trailer here.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Servion tuning is out of colorado springs i bolieve but dont know if he tunes hondata s100, i know tobi at tcperformance is the only licened hondata tuner in the state, about a 2 hour drive from pueblo

Old 02-04-2008, 06:36 PM

Are they in arvada or aurora?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

well for tuning, you dont have to have a wideband yourself (although it is convenient and safer), but your tuner will probably have one that they can instal for when they tune and then remove it when they're done. BUT! To do this you must have an o2 sensor bung (with a plug for when theres no wideabdn in there) instaled on your downpipe for the tuner to instal the wideband on.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 AM

how far down the dwnpipe should I put the bung. Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: 94 civic dx installed turbo, tried to read all