Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

500hp Oil lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 PM
HCF Member
Default 500hp Oil lines

I have several q's and would like some suggestions?

T3/T4 turbo hybrid

1. What size oil lines are preferrably? For the oil drain line and oil supply line.

2. Where do you tap the oilpan for the return line? Bottom of the housing like the drainplug, or more towards the top end towards the oil pan bolts? IS it possible to actually use the drainplug hole?

3. What motor oils are better when running a turbo, maybe an opinion question but would like input? How much more oil do you pour into the system, regularly 4 quarts.

4.How would u prime the turbo with oil before the first crank? Fill it up with oil then mount the fittings?

Old 06-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: 500hp Oil lines

These are all questoins that shouldn't need to be asked by someone trying to build a 500whp monster...

Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: k_dogg70

I have several q's and would like some suggestions?

T3/T4 turbo hybrid

1. What size oil lines are preferrably? For the oil drain line and oil supply line.

2. Where do you tap the oilpan for the return line? Bottom of the housing like the drainplug, or more towards the top end towards the oil pan bolts? IS it possible to actually use the drainplug hole?

3. What motor oils are better when running a turbo, maybe an opinion question but would like input? How much more oil do you pour into the system, regularly 4 quarts.

4.How would u prime the turbo with oil before the first crank? Fill it up with oil then mount the fittings?
1. -3AN/-4AN feed, -10AN drain

2. As high on the pan as possible. Drain plug hole is on the wrong side of the oil pan, and no it is not possible.

3. Breaking in an engine use standard motor oil. After the engine has a few hundred miles on it, go to a synthetic.

4. Pull spark wires, crank car until you get oil pressure.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 PM
HCF Member

thanks SovXietday, great help.

Forty04for an administrator you actually helped about as much as a blind seeing eyedog! I admitnot to know, thats whyi ask before i make a mistake ( whichwill probably happen anyway). But if u cant help me learn or point me in a direction to learn. no reason to put inur .02! holla

Old 06-05-2007, 08:37 PM

Forty04for an administrator you actually helped about as much as a blind seeing eyedog! I admitnot to know, thats whyi ask before i make a mistake ( whichwill probably happen anyway). But if u cant help me learn or point me in a direction to learn. no reason to put inur .02! holla
He does have a point though, 500whp is not a simple task and you really need to know what's what. I get the feeling this is your first turbo setup, my suggestion would be to take it step by step because things break and break fast at that power level, you're going to need some seriously deep pockets.

Just my $0.02, I'm happy to help and I know what it takes to make that kind of power, but you've got a long road ahead and it's easier to fix things on lower power setups than it is to diagnose problems on high power setups, as a poor diagnosis generally ends in a lot of money if you get what I mean.

Just letting you know, I also hope you're sleeving that GSR.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:35 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Like Sov said, 500whp is a HUGE first step as far as boosting a Civic is concerned. It's time consuming, expensive, and requires extensive knowledge. When you start breaking parts, blowing motors, etc, you'll understand why I said what I said

Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i dont really think there is a 500hp oil supply and return kit, there is a kit that fits that turbo though, 500hp is a tough road to hoe. im gonna probably barely push over 400hp on 30 psi

Old 06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

currently i am lookin into sleeving it. I have a block gaurd but not sure if i wanna go that route or go the sleeve route. I understand it is a difficult road ahead i am trying to go step by step and ask and research stuff as it comes up. thanks for all the help

Old 06-07-2007, 06:09 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

go with sleeving instead of a block guard.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 AM

Sleeve it, no doubt in my mind you will be on the verge of cracking a sleeve everytime you do a pull if you don't.

Quick Reply: 500hp Oil lines