Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

2004 Civic Si Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Snail'n Admin

for next summer? ****, it'll be the next millennium at the rate you're going.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

Well, I dont ever use my AC, but I want to keep it regaurdless(just in case). I have tried looking to see if anyone with the rev hard setup had to remove it(because thats the mani that I am looking at). I beleive I am going to have my down/dump custom fabbed by a friends shop. I guess I just have to get back there and look at where everything is.

Hoping to do the compression test over the long weekend.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:29 AM
HCF Member

do a motor swap on top of your turbo kit greddy then youll feel PAIN!

btw, i got it running, runs so rich my s300 cuts the fuel off so i cant get it over 25mph have to tow it to the tuner... and i had to retap my oil pain and in the process i broke the gasket!!! so i have to wait on that, toe it 70+ miles and reinstall my downpipe / dump / clock my turbo etc... fun stuff right?

and rick, my down pipe is bent so hard i can only fit 3 bolts lol, but i have power steering and yes, i have driven my car greddy, just not very fast, and yes, i love having the power steering... SO F YOU! lol

gl again, hope to hear your compression is right on the money

Old 08-30-2008, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

So....I just made a rediculous sale yesterday(though Im not in sales) and I am being told that I should get something special two checks from now. I am thinking about getting K-Pro. I see that I have to take out my ECU and send it in when i get that. What advantages could I get for having K-Pro prior to my turbo? Any? I only have I/H/E prior.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:20 AM
HCF Member

if you have them tune put an i/h/e basemap on it for your current injectors yea, then your looking at 5-10 horse and better gas mileage lol

but then when you get your bigger injectors installed you will have to re send it in and have your tuner or hondata put a basemap to the bigger injectors before you install the turbo kit, because your hondata will be "tuned" to run only your stock injectors

i honestly, suggest buying the injectors and k-pro at the same time, have them set your injectors and i/h/e on the base, that should get you to your tuner (and only your tuner) when your turbo is installed... NO BOOSTING WHAT SO EVER.. youll run super lean and...EXPLODE!!

i ran a chrome turbo basemap with my 550cc injectors for 5 months after my first failed motor swap, they ran right at 14 a/f until full throttle, then it would run so rich it hurt lol...

Old 08-31-2008, 06:26 AM
HCF Member

So, you are saying to hold off on Kpro until I am ready to install the turbo? I beleive I read Greddy say somewhere not to run your higher injectors without the turbo. If this is the case, I will take that money, and buy the turbo. Let me know....I think I may have just confused myself.

PS....I plan on towing my car to the tuner. That way there, I will have less problems to worry about. That and I just found a real good tuner, and they are an hour away, and I dont want to have to be careful for an hour.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:48 AM
HCF Member

good thinking...

and yes, hold off on your ecu, it would be smart to make that your last purchase i think.

go get all the big metal fun stuff

Old 08-31-2008, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

umm... wrong.. k-pro should be your first purchase.. period. i'm not certain about numbers for an ep3 but i know hondata took a bone stock d17, put k-pro in and pulled another 30 hp out of the engine. k-pro comes with a ton of basemaps you can load. you can go ahead and put in the bigger injectors after k-pro if you want. you just have to change the map to correct for the bigger injectors. i haven't had a lot of experience with the k-pro software but it should be a fairly simple process just to pull fuel out across the entire map to correct for the bigger injectors. you should be able to drive to your tuner. just load a turbo basemap, take it easy, stay out of boost and if you're still worried just pop a charge pipe off and stick a filter on it.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:43 AM
HCF Member

Hahaha....now I am confused....anyone else have a take on this? Mind you, I have about 3 weeks left to decide, and I guess I don't have to spend the money aaaaaaaas soon as I get it. I guess I should do a bit of reading into this. I have read that Kpro has a ton of maps on it, and is somewhat easily tinkered with. I have also seen that you can adjust it to the type of injectors you have. So, that does support Baron, but I dont think I know enough to totally support that idea, so I will read up on this, and hopefully more people can give me testimony one way or another.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
HCF Member

I'm just saying... k-pro comes loaded with base maps. It comes with a map to run a factory tune, with I/H/E I dont really know but it will run factory. It will give you hp as soon as you run it, garaunteed. No matter what you do to your car, k-pro will benifit. If you decide to stay n/a and just run say cams and some head work, you can tune to maximize the hp out of it. If you do end up turbo you will need it anyway. If you decide to swap an a2 or a frank or something, k-pro will run it. You just plug the thing in to your laptop and you can tinker with it. Basic tuning stuff isn't difficult. Yes it does get complicated and you need experience when you go to tune your turbo, but not for changing injector size. So there's really no down side to having it now vs. later.. you'll need it anyway and you can always sell it. Just my .02. Oh and dont send in your ecu. Check out clubrsx.com they sell them cheap on there all the time, pick one up, convert it then sell yours.

Quick Reply: 2004 Civic Si Turbo Project