Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

2004 Civic Si Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:42 PM
HCF Member
Default 2004 Civic Si Turbo Project

Okay, I have done research for a little over a month, and beleive I know enough to commit to a Turbo Project. I plan on purchasing everything between now and Christmas, and starting my install around the first of the year. All the while, I will continue to do research. So, I have stock internals for now(and might just stay that way), currently have a CAI and DC Headers, though....they are both going away obviously. I also have an A'pexi WS2 for my exhaust and a magnaflow high-flow Cat. My goal is ~210whp at 7hp.
Let me know what you guys think, and if I should change anything.

My Grocery List:
Greddy T517Z
Rev Hard Exhaust Mani
Greddy Intercooler
Vibrant Couplers & Clamps
Greddy RS BOV(purchased)
RC 440cc Injectors
AEM Fuel Rail
AEM Fuel Filter(cant find a fuel pressure regulator for my car)
K-pro(not 100% on this....suggestions?)
new spark plugs(suggestions)
Unorthodox Underdrive Pulleys(purchased)
New Belt(purchased)
Koyo Radiator
A'pexi Turbo Timer
Stealthmode Performance Oil Return Lines
Glowshift Gauges/Gaugepod
and all the other little goodies as outlined on this site's grocery list

Well....let me know what you guys think. You are the pros at this.

Last edited by therickus; 08-23-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

210hp at 7psi you mean? all depends on what turbo you get, I think you need more than a month of research before you turbo your car. Try reading a book first.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:25 AM
Snail'n Admin

is that all you need? because I'm pretty damn sure youre gonna need A LOT more than that. Hahaha let me know when it blows up

Old 08-22-2008, 03:44 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by croninc
210hp at 7psi you mean? all depends on what turbo you get, I think you need more than a month of research before you turbo your car. Try reading a book first.
I did say that I planned on continuing my research as I collect the items from my grocery list. I was actually looking at amazon yesterday for a book, which one would you suggest?

Old 08-22-2008, 03:47 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
is that all you need? because I'm pretty damn sure youre gonna need A LOT more than that. Hahaha let me know when it blows up
So....no constructive criticism, just basically putting me down? I love how pretentious you Honda people are... I apologize that I don't have the great Honda knowledge you do, but get off your pedestal.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Snail'n Admin

i'm not saying that i know everything but what i am saying is that similar threads have been discussed at great length, and i mean a LOT of threads. Here's the thing, you're like the rest of the ricer kids who want to turbo their Honda without doing a compression test, and doing more research than you feel necessary. Here's a thought, stop being such a tool and research, shut up and go play in a fire.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:20 AM
HCF Member

Haha....as far as being a "ricer kid that just wants to turbo their honda"....not so much. I test drove this car....it was a ton of fun(and my first manual), and so I bought it. What I didnt know was that the clutch was about to go, and it went in about 5 months. I then had a friend replace it, and I ended up helping a lot. That got me into this. I am now very interested in turboing my car....and so I am going to. Not that you needed that information, I felt it necessary. Now....compression test. That is what I was looking for from you guys... I looked a little into this before, but will do so more in depth now. Thank you.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:14 AM
HCF Member

And so after reading(very little) I believe that I am to purchase a Compression Tester, take out the ECU fuse, take out Spark Plug #1, and insert the tester. Try starting the car....write down the value. Spray a little oil in, and retest. Repeat 3 times. If all cylinders are close then yay....if not.....then there is more reading to do. Is that correct, or am i naive in thinking that I could know what to do after an hour of reading? PS....I put this info in this thread, so that everything toward me putting a turbo on my car is together.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:22 AM
HCF Member

Greddy Civic is right, use that search feature that we have and just read the countless threads that have been made from people wanting to turbo. There's even a sticky about what you'll need and all that.
So, use the nifty little search feature, it does work.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 AM
HCF Member

Haha....ok. Apparently I was naive in the first place. My idea was to say....hey....im getting this, this, and this. Do you guys foresee problems? Do you have suggestions? I have read the stickies a few times, and continue to use them, as I figure out what exactly I want. I did use the search function, but I have had trouble finding others with my car, other than importcivicus. If you simply think I am being redundant, just avoid the thread.... I would have been much happier if no one at all commented. Rather, I have received very little of the assistance I asked for.

Quick Reply: 2004 Civic Si Turbo Project