HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/)
-   -   Yay im new (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/new-member-introductions-4/yay-im-new-38300/)

D16z6 02-18-2007 02:38 AM

RE: Yay im new

ORIGINAL: blackmetal619

definately...did you guys know crx stands for civic racing experiment? i didnt know that til today

Nope. Thats interesting so whats the story behind that name?

D16z6 02-18-2007 02:42 AM

I look online and it said that it stand for Civic Renaissance Experimental or Civic Renaissance Model X.

WhiteRabbit1021 02-18-2007 03:34 AM

Looks like those racing stripes and that CRX logo on the back was put on unprofessionally... I'd take them off if I were you.

Whoever had that before your brother riced the crap out of it.

Get it running, then don't spend any more money til you get enough for a swap. You won't regret it.

patto_001 02-18-2007 03:37 AM

nice.. lots of work.. but should turn out nice :) keep us updated.

Da Chump 02-18-2007 08:59 AM

Thanks for the insight. I got new spark plugs and i should have the ignition coil when ever my bro drives me to get it. Ima get like a B-18 swap unless anyone else has a better idea, if so hit me up lol. cause ya and funny thing i heard CRX from my brother stands for (Civic Revolution X) Who knows why they name it what ever its supposed to be name. I was doing some looking around it looks like I have the slowest CRX they make with the HF. so ya engine swap is first on my list after i get it running and get the front left body panel and the panel above the grill and a grill ill get an engine swap.

Da Chump 02-18-2007 12:15 PM

Sry for the double post. Uhh is there any procedure should worry about getting the stripes off, or can i just pull them off cause in some places they are peeling. some one get back to me.

absoulute 02-18-2007 02:41 PM

yea u should be able to pull it off u might want to heat them to make it easier..the body looks good though from the pics any issues with rust..

Da Chump 02-18-2007 03:20 PM

Only rust on the whole damn car is on part of the radiator. its doin well im cleaning it today and fixing up the tires.

UPDATE.
I put new ignition Coil in. still wont start the only thing we can credit the still not running is bad gas. so were gonna flush it and ****.

Da Chump 02-19-2007 09:02 PM

I heard it run tonight. WOOT. uhh kinda made it run on carb cleaner so not a true run but weeve now assessed it had NO gas in the tank so we put some in and then carb cleaner to just keep working out all the **** thats bad in the engine. Of course the whole time the cars hooked to my brothers 1989 CIVIC DX hatch giving mine a jump. lol was a beautiful site 2 hondas hand in hand lol.

Da Chump 02-24-2007 05:30 PM

UPDATE: After a bottle of chem too carb cleaner and 3 days of dry starts. today we weened it off chem too onto gas and now will run for 20-30 seconds at time. Problem being we think the carb is all gummed up and it would be bitch to just take it apart so. i dunno were gonna keep trying once we decide its hopeless then we will take it apart