New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

My new Civic is arriving tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 01:31 PM
Smile My new Civic is arriving tomorrow

Greetings everyone,

I'm a new owner of a Tenth Generation Civic that has been scheduled for delivery (to me) tomorrow (Friday, 22 May 2020). As my country is still on a conditional movement control order (CMCO), some businesses have resumed, though many are not, the Honda (Malaysia) dealership decided to do a home delivery for me, which is not normal, but I guess will become a new normal soon enough.

This will be my first time owning a Honda car, although I have owned Honda motorcycles, and sat in Honda cars e.g. Civic, Accord, City, Prelude, Type-R, CRV etc. since the early seventies, and have had good impression of the cars. After personally owning (and driving) several local and Japanese branded cars, I finally decided to make a move on the new Civic 1.5 Turbo Premium deal.

I placed the order as soon as the booking was open back in mid-Feb 2020, but then Covid-19 happened and everything was shut down. Only this week Honda (Malaysia) resumed operations and they told me my car is among the first to be rolled out. (Happy!).

So as a new owner (or soon to be), I decided to join the Civic Forum to get a sense of the experiences of all Civic owners and enthusiasts, and to see if there are valuable nuggets of tips n' tricks, suggestions, recommendations, and pitfalls to help make my experience as good as I can make it to be. I welcome all feedback, comments and advice.

I look forward to reading and learning more from all of you as we progress, and I hope that I also have a chance to contribute when possible and appropriate.

Thank you and best regards,
emy