Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

XM Radio Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Default XM Radio Tuner

Just purchased a Delphi Xpress Rc xm tuner that will be arriving tomorrow. I need recommendations on how to install it. Should I listen to Circuit City and have them install it so the wires wont be seen. Should I utilize the audio jack on my civic. What will sound better. Sound is my main concern however, looks are almost as important. Help would be great. Thanks guys

Old 02-05-2008, 12:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: XM Radio Tuner

I did this a week or so ago, its quite simple. Put the magnetic antenna on your roof about an inch or so from your rear window seal, (make sure its centered so it looks good) then pull up the edge of your window seal with your fingertips or a popsicle stick or something that won't scratch the paint, and begin stuffing the antenna wire into the crack between the seal and the roof panel. Make sure the wire gets into the crack, or the thin edge of the rubber seal will stick up and allow water into the gap. Continue stuffing the wire into the seal until you get down to the trunk, then you can run the wire out of the seal and clip it in to the trunk support arm with your trunk release cable/wires. be sure to leave enough slack to allow the trunk to open and close without stretching/breaking the antenna wire. From there, you can run the wire behind the trunk fabric and down under and around the rear seats to the doorsill and to wherever you're mounting the receiver. The power just comes from your cigarette lighter, and I highly recommend using the aux in jack on your deck and stereo miniplug output on the XM for the audio rather than the crappy sound you'll get from the FM transmitter or the direct antenna connection.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Default RE: XM Radio Tuner

Will be taking that advice and putting into play tomorrow. Thanks a lot. Looks like I find a home here at hondacivicforum.