Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Windshield Washer stopped working!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Default Windshield Washer stopped working!!

Hey everybody,

I have a major problem since I live in Canada and there's slush and dirt just about everywhere. The windshield fluid doesn't spray out anymore. At first I thought it froze up after a severely cold day since I had to put an emergency amount of summer fluid but added some winter fluid the next day. So with that in mind, I thought I need to melt it so I found a heated garage and left my ride in for over 4 hours but still wouldn't spray out. I'm thinking it could be the pump or something. The empty light doesn't come on so there's something in there. This time last year tho, the container has a hole in it so all the fluid would drain out but I got that replaced and there hasn't been any problems till now.. a year later.

If anybody recognizes this problem, please let me know what you guys did. I have an appointement at my mechanics for tomorrow but if I can fix myselft, I can just cancel.

Happy new years everyone,

David

p.s.I own a 98 lx sedan and the wipers react to the action of pulling the wiperblades control 'stick' thing.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Default RE: Windshield Washer stopped working!!

if u cant hear the pump when u activate the washer, then it's probably the pump. but i dunno. check the wires going to the pump and the fuse.

Old 01-04-2006, 12:35 PM

the little pumps connected to the reservoir go bad. i live in detroit so i have the same problem with dirt and slush. i need to replace mine also.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

The pump is still attached to the resorvoir right? I'm only asking because i saw a guy bring a car into the shop and the pump was missing cause there was a massive hole in the bumper. The guy had the same problem.