Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Windows off track and water in trunk

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Default RE: Windows off track and water in trunk

I bought a new trunk seal from a dealership for my 97' Coupe (which gets water in the trunk)

That didnt resolve the problem, i got inside the trunk while my friend sprayed it with water, the water actually comes in through thestructual sheet metal from the 1 3/4" holes on the left and right side of the trunk.
I______________________ I
I_I I_I

Im thinking its getting into the black seal which runs down from the top of the roof and making its way inside to the structual sheet metal.

i have an amplifer covered in plastic, and i dont want to open the plug on the bottom of the trunk, im trying to fix the problem head on![sm=patriot.gif]

I still have not resolved the problem, im probaly going to patch the two holes so water can notdrip into the trunk.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Windows off track and water in trunk

ORIGINAL: Pete

for water in the trunk just do the following.

there is a drain hose on the left side of the trunk on the 92-95 civics and not sure what side its on for the other generations........but just make sure thats connected.......

My trunk is always wet on the left side. Where is this drain tube you are talking about. I have a 99 Civic. That could be my problem b/c it seems to be wet even with no rain

Old 08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
HCF Member
Default I know why mines does it.

I have been reading on these forums all the time but never really put down my input. i have had the same problem. 2 things to check for one hair line cracks that occur in the paint where the water normally flows.
2. right below the brake lights check for rust damage. If you remove the back light by taking out the 4 nuts you should be able to see the damage. i found that mines have it. and saw that that is where the majority of the water is leaking from.

A quick check would be to pour a gallon of water slowly along the grove where the weather seal is. and check inside after the fact. you should see where the water is leaking from.

hope that helps your problem or will help others in the matter. good luck.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
HCF Member

For the window use silicone spray, it fixes the problem for a good while. And for the water in the trunk, ive read that its the tube that comes from the sunroof

Old 05-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Default Power Window track issue

Hi Reich17
I read your post and I can help you. I have 98 Civic EX. Same problem. You need to replace the WINDOW REGULATOR on that door. The part costs about 50-100 and installation is another 100-200. Not cheap. This particular problem is actually quite common with Civics. Since your Civic is 13-14 years old already, I would recommend replacing the WINDOW REGULATOR along with a MOTOR. Mine cost me 87. Hardest part is to align the window after replacement. It will take some trial/error, but it can be done. Check out this link where I bought it.
Honda Civic DIY Replacement Window Regulator with Motor: Power WITHOUT Window Motor > Front Left (Driver Side)
Also, there is a junkyard dealer that exclusively sells Honda parts. This site is very useful. Here is the link
East Park Auto Recyclers
I actually went to that junkyard dealer and they got me a replacement tirejack. My tirejack actually rusted because water got into my trunk and the tirejack got wet.

I am still trying to figure out the water in trunk problem.

Hope above helps.

Ed