Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Windows off track and water in trunk

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Default Windows off track and water in trunk

I am experiencing 2 problems with my '97 Civic. The first, the power windows occasionally come off track and I have to remove the door panel to get them working again. It's almost like they are sticking in the rubber lining in the track and just jump out. Would some sort of lubrication in the track help? Any other suggestions? The second, although the weather stripping looks like it's in good shape I get water in my trunk. I've used silicone caulk at the base of the weather stripping and am still getting water.

Thanks

Old 11-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: Windows off track and water in trunk

I have the same problem with the water in the trunk, have you ever figured it out?

Old 11-16-2004, 12:35 AM

The water is actually comming from the bottom, from underneath your rear valence. It did that on my corolla. I used to get water in those little wells on each side of the trunk. I don't get any water towards the middle of the trunk though.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:46 PM

my 97 corolla kept leaking i never figured out from where so what i did was pull that rubber plug out of the trunk where the spare tire was and that solved that problem.....i never did figure out where that water was coming from but by doin this it seem to stop the water build up

Old 02-17-2005, 04:54 AM
HCF Member

Hey guys I'm new hear but I thought I was the only one with the wet trunk blues. My only problem is I think my car was hit hard on the passenger side and probably got a bad clip job. I also have the window off track prob. any solutions?

Old 02-17-2005, 08:22 AM

I also have the window off track prob. any solutions?
I assume its manual. Take your door panell off, loosen the thacks that window slides on, pop the window back on tracks and tighten the tracks. You minght have to play around and change the angle of the track so your window would close perfectly.

Old 02-17-2005, 10:00 AM
HCF Member

water in trunk is a common problem..find out where the waters coming from..if its commin from the bottom or leakin in the top..make sure to stop it cuz it will make things moldy, then it smells like u have a dead cat in ur trunk..

Old 04-29-2005, 08:06 AM

I am having the same problem with my '97 Civic. The windows occassionally come off track (especially when they are wet) - so I have to pull off the door panel to temp. fix the problem. Looking for a long term solution - tired of ordering drive through through my sun roof!

Old 04-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Cat Fuсker

Make sure that when you tighten the bolts that hold the motor in place you have your windows aligned well...and I also used grooved washers there.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:36 AM
HCF Member

for water in the trunk just do the following.

there is a drain hose on the left side of the trunk on the 92-95 civics and not sure what side its on for the other generations........but just make sure thats connected.......

Quick Reply: Windows off track and water in trunk