Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Why did my engine die?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Default Why did my engine die?

I was driving my 98 EX automatic tranny home from work like normal. Was running low on gas but wasn't empty. I was slowing down for a red, then it changed to green and I got back on the gas and the car jerked forward violently a few times and then the engine died. I put it in park as soon as I came to a stop and turned the key to restart, it turned over about 4 more times than normal start up and then it fired up and continued driving like normal to the gas station and then back home. Was wondering if anyone here knows if it was out of gas, or if it is a symptom of a scary tranny issue (besides being a stupid automatic).

First time posting here, please forgive any mistakes.
Thanks

Old 11-12-2011, 08:37 PM
The Man

i would change your fuel filter...its just a guess, if you havent done it in a while or havent ever done it, it takes like 15 minutes and its super easy and cheep to change, you could have collected some dirt from your gas tank, especially since it was low.