Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

What's this behind the front bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Default What's this behind the front bumper?

My daughter drives this 95 Civic DX I bought for her. Within the first month, she tears up the front quarter panel and front bumper by scraping it against a tree while backing up and turning. []

Anyhow, I was taking the passenger side quarter panel off so I could straighten it. I noticed that there was a white reservior in the area between the front of the passenger side quarter panel and behind the bumper. It was cracked and empty.

I checked the radiator and found much to my relief that it wasn't the radiator overflow.

I can peer into the reservoir through the crack and see a 1.5" black pipe that extends into the tank and makes a 90 deg bend near the bottom. I can't tell where it's coming from, and what it's supposed to do. Is this the wiper fluid tank? It's awfully large...

~lum

Old 01-21-2006, 04:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What's this behind the front bumper?

On my mom's accord, thats where the wiper fluid resorvoir is. Except its on the driver's side.
Edit: I looked it up on AllData, and it says that the reseorvoir is behind the bumper, there are 3 mounting bolts. Do you have a sedan, hatch, or coupe? I looked it up for a sedan.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Default RE: What's this behind the front bumper?

I have 1995 Civic DX Sedan (4 - Dr Auto).

I guess it is the wiper fluid tank <sigh> [sm=youreright.gif]!

Thanks!

~lum