Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

transmission fluid/noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Default transmission fluid/noise

ok, so, first off... I dont know too much about cars, I'm a tattoo artist and never rly had time to learn much about the mechanics of automobiles... I know how to change my oil, change my tires, all the very basic ****.... I have had a 96 two door manual civic for about a year.. Just yesterday while driving back from out of state my car started making weird noises... It sounds almost like my muffler is dragging on the street... but it only happens when im in first through third gear, and only at lower rpm's... im pretty sure the noise is coming form my transmission. But i dont rly know... Anyways, my father suggested i start by checking my transmission fluid resivior... BUT... I cant find it.... I know where my oil is, my radiator, and i have two caps for brake fluid....

Does anyone know what this noise might be, and how to fix it?
AND, does anyone know where the transmission resivior is?

(after reading some other articles on some other pages a couple people said it could have something to do with my timing belt, is this likely?)
thank you for your help