Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Top out at 120mph

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 01:39 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Top out at 120mph

Next..............

Old 05-05-2008, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

Some ignorant new forum members.... Just my two cents.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Hang in there Gene. Tim was simply doing his job by pointing out the unsafe practice of driving too fast. Nonetheless, I still thought you exposed some interesting inconsistencies in forum policies. It's too bad that Tony feels so threatened by what could otherwise turn into intelligent debate. Instead, he resorts to dismissing you on the basis of your age. That's really pathetic.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:44 PM
HCF Member

Rite i'm not an administrator but i'm putting my foot down and saying this loud and clear, the administrator who originally commented wasn't being nasty or anything like that he was concerned about the actions of another person and the implications this may have for said person and others,he was not to know the situation as it had not been explained by myself. basically for those who are mentally challenged the above means that the administrator was only doing his job,if you have a problem with this then find another forum that will allow you to brag about how quick you wanna be going when you die with admins that don't give a **** (sorry for the slight obsenity).

Old 05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
HCF Member

Maybe your ECU is hitting the rev limmiter? i know that the CRX ZC ecu tops out at 112.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:02 PM

settle down kiddies..

back onto topic, what mods do you have currently? if stock, then i do believe the ECU will hold you back, most likely hitting fuel cut. if you have a tuned aftermarket ECU, then i believe you would be limited by your final drive gear, but i kinda doubt that.

ninjda edit: what track is this that your running your car on?

Old 05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

so it's an ecu thing then,hmm well after much deliberating and thought my conclusion is 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.the car is gonna be used as a time attack motor so i'll only ever be reaching 3rd anyhow.The only reason the civic is on the road is because my mk1 golf gti project hasn't finished yet.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Definitely a result of the stock ecu. If you do end up modifying it to try and see how fast it will go, keep a few other things in mind.

-First, Civics (stock and lightly modded) take a long time to get up to those speeds, so just be damn sure you've got enough room to accomplish your goal SAFELY

-Second, Brakes. Repeatedly braking from high speeds is going to cause fade really fast, so be aware of that.

-Last but certainly not least, TIRES. I would make damn sure your tires are rated at or above your target speed. I would absolutely hate to read about a member who blew a tire at 130mph and wrecked.

If you're into time attack, I'm sure you already know these things. But for future newbs who may stumble on this thread, the info should be stated.

Just be safe.

Gene - If you think for a second that i'm the only one who feels this way, you are sadly mistaken. I never post anything like what I did in this thread withoutconsulting others, both Mod/Admins as well as regular members.

Ron - I'm not threatened at all, just making a point. I'm not sure how Gene attacking an Admin for doing his job is an attempt at intelligent debate though. If you feel the need to enlighten me further, PM me, I'm all ears.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:33 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Gene - If you think for a second that i'm the only one who feels this way, you are sadly mistaken. I never post anything like what I did in this thread withoutconsulting others, both Mod/Admins as well as regular members.
And I suppose they are the ones who told you to insult me? Come on, take responsibility for your own actions. I would be willing to bet good money in his response to this post Forty04 will threaten to ban me rather than answer this question.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: inthezoneac

I bought all new suspension components so I can make turns faster in case the cops want to go after me after topping out.
I think what Fiirkan was talking about is this dude right here.

WTF is wrong with you trying to out chase cops?

ahahhahaha lmao

Quick Reply: Top out at 120mph