Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

SS exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Default SS exhaust system

I've owned nothing but Civics since 1982. I'm on my fourth. I've never really been into performance enhancements (but that's my problem - don't be offended). I'm 100percent into their economy and bulletproof longevity. So this is the basis of my question.

Last Civic, about five years ago, I got fed up with replacing the go@##mnd muffler systems (I live in Saltslurry Michigan) and looked online to see if it was possible to purchase a SS system from the present SS stock manifold on back. All I could find were the "performance" pipes. This presents me with a compromise. I want the durability - but I'd prefer that it stayed as quiet as the OEM system.

I'm not interested in fu@&ing with the performance or fuel economy or the exhaust "note". I JUST want a SS system that will last close to the life of the car itself. Is that really too much to ask?

Does anyone know of a source for something like this?

Thank you all for this forum! Great source for info. I'm new here. I am a bit of a mechanic, so I hope I can contribute back at some point.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: SS exhaust system

Custom bent maybe? Call around to some local shops, and they might be able to do one and use a non-performance muffler.