Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

SRS light

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Default SRS light

Ok here is the problem, I took off my airbag to wire some led's on my dash. I made sure the battery was disconnected before I started anything. I took it of last night and did the first part of my wiring as it got too late, I put my car back together started it up, and all was well. No SRS light in the dash and it ran ok. This morning I went to work and the steering wheel was a little crooked. So after work, I went home, took it all apart again (same procedure as last night, disconnect battery....blah blah blah), finished wiring my led's, put the steering wheel back on straight, and hooked it all up again. This time, my SRS light came on. So I took it appart, but not entirely. I just took enough apart to double check my connections. As I thought, they were all good. So I figured, I probably just faulted the computer and I just need to reset it, right? Could you guys tell me how to reset it? I know the airbag is good. My car is in my signature if you need to know. Thanks!

Old 08-02-2005, 10:09 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: SRS light

In the engine compartment there is a fuse box. there will be a fuse for the radio in there pull it and allow it to remain out for 30 sec and this should reset it.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:25 AM

DO some searching on here.

Someone recently posted an awesome link on how to turn it off

Old 08-02-2005, 12:45 PM

sorry for the re-post, i was in a rush and didn't even search i just went to the gen tech help and clicked new post, i'm going to try that out today. I'll post back and see if it works!

Old 08-02-2005, 04:30 PM

I did what that link said. It took a few tries because I had to keep running up and sownstairs to double check, but when i got it, THe SRS light blinked twice like it said it would. After that it wnet away, and hasn't come back yet! so that method works. a mod can put that method in the DIY section. It will work 92-95 civics us or uk spec. the air bag swith is in a dummy holder next to the fuse box like the guy said!