Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

which speedy oil change is advisable?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member
Default which speedy oil change is advisable?

Can anyone from northern NJ recommend a speedy oil change shop to me? My civic just reached 27k (i bought it on 24k) and plans to bring it to speedy oil change centers like jiffy, lubexpress, midas, etc etc. Can anyone recommend which center is better? And is there anything that I should watch out for or be particular with? I've been to lubexpress with my old car and they did a pretty nice job. But I'm thinking maybe there's something better out there. As much as i wanted to change oil myself, i don't have the garage and tools for it.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:33 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: which speedy oil change is advisable?

they are all basically the same. The only real deal is if you change the oil yourself and the filter. I went to jiffy lube a couple times the service and speed is good but didn't like the prices.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:51 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: which speedy oil change is advisable?

i just did it today with lube express. i was planning on just oil change but they showed me my throttle body and injectors were dirty so they recommended to clean them up as well. oil change was just 20+$. cleaning throttle body and injectors costed me 100$ WTF!all in all 120+$ outta my pocket. i better start teaching myself how to clean the throttle body and injectors.