Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Speedometer cluster and blickers no more

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 01:29 AM
Default Speedometer cluster and blickers no more

My civic is giving me a major headache, here's the rundown of what has happened:

Gave my civic a tune up by replacing spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor, and an oil change.
The next day, the speedometer cluster illumination lights went out along with the tail lights. Simple fix just replaced a fuse.
Then all of a sudden the gauges on the speedometer cluster stopped working all together as well as the blinkers.

I've spoken with my mechanic about this (over the phone) and the only questions he had after I told what happened was whether or not the tachometer jumps when I switch the key to on. It does not. Also whether or not the indicator lights still work on the cluster. I don't know if it's normal, but only the SRS and battery lights come on when I turn the car on.

The fix he told me was to clean the connectors on the kickpanel for the main computer I think he said. These connectors where under the fuse box on my car.

The civic is a 92' hatchback Si. If you need more info please let me know, as I'm still new to this whole world of troubleshooting cars.

Please help if you can, it would be much appreciated as we need this car street legal and at the moment it isn't because of these f%#$ing blinkers.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Chubby Chaser

does your emergency flashers work?
have you checked all your fuses, under hood and under dash?

Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 PM

Sorry, I forgot to put that. Yes the emergency flashers still work and I have checked every fuse, they're all good.