Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Snake Stuck in my Dash Area

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:29 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by breezy
Will they not tear apart my car and keep my bf's snake?!
they may tear your car apart but you should be able to claim in on your insurence as long as animal control is there. And no they should not keep the snake.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Maybe they can tranquilize the snake.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by itinerant
have you told the boyfriend?
Yes we've been prying at my car all night. -_- i think we might try and put a heating pad down and seeing if he responds to the heat since it's cold outside...

Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
they may tear your car apart but you should be able to claim in on your insurence as long as animal control is there. And no they should not keep the snake.
But i don't want my insurance to go up!! That would suck big time

Old 11-17-2008, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by my99lx
forget it. the same exact thing happen to my friend and his jetta. the snake would not come out and it ended up dying in there. the car smelled so bad for almost a year... it probably still does. i havent seen him in a while and i havent been in his car. he had to use air fresheners of all sorts (hanging ones, sprays, clips that he put on almost all his vents). he tried everything and he could not get the smell out.
Oh thanks you made me feel better lol

If I went up to Honda complaining of a horrible smell, do you think they would look at it under warranty if i pretended i didn't know what happened? It's an 07 so still kinda new..

Old 11-17-2008, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

i hope you can get it out before it does die in there. because, trust me, you do not want that smell in your car. it was so bad and it just sat there it didnt go anywhere even when we were driving on the fwy with the windows down. even more so because i live in socal and it was during summer and his jetta was black with black leather seats and everything else in his interior was black.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL yes that is funny.....

id try the heated pad and see what that does.... if that doesnt work... well just call animal control and ask them for advice what could drive him out of the vents... then it shouldnt be to hard to drive him out from one vent out thru another...

Old 11-20-2008, 06:38 PM

-So i've tried the mouse.. (which I am now attached to and named Mighty)
and that didn't seem to work.
-I've tried the heating pad
and that didn't work.
So I had a guy come out a he started to tear apart my dash and stuff a bit...
no sign of the snake. We think he might still be where I saw him go in at a few days ago..
The air something or another. i forget what it's called, but a little black box that has where the air comes out of at your feet..
SO I worked a deal with him by batting my eyes and he is going to take apart EVERYTHiNG for $250..when vandergriff honda wants to charge me anywhere from 600$-1000$ .. freggin hope it's worth it.
I just don't want the snake to die and it's geting cold out..
if he doesn't come out by wednesday, its demolition time!!

anyone wanna make a donation to the save charlie the snake foundation?! haha

Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 PM
HCF Member

dude im soo sorry this really sucks! but i cant help but laugh at the same time.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

i would probably do the same pay someone to take out the dash if you know the snake is still there. have you just sat there and wait to see if the snake would come out. the second option i would go with is calling animal control. i'm sure they will think of anything they can to get the snake out and not leave until its out. good luck, keep us updated. hope its still alive and will come out soon

btw. has the snake somehow found its way out and slithered its way to another part of the car or crawled out got out of the car?

Quick Reply: Snake Stuck in my Dash Area