Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Snake Stuck in my Dash Area

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Default Snake Stuck in my Dash Area

Okay, So i Had my Bf's Ball Python in my car in his little bag all tied up real good.. I went inside real quick to help my friend pack something up..

We came outside to my car (30 min later) and saw the very end of the snake climbing up under by where the air comes out for your feet...

So we grabbed his tail, but he fought back, and won, and kept climbing up, and we tore off the walls of my center counsel.

He went up into a little black box looking thing and we cannot figure out how to take him out to save my life.I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!..

I drive a 07 honda civic coupe... Can someone please help me, i'm freaking out..
He is a really nice Snake (charlie) and i'm not worried about him biting me, i'm worried he might die, and if he does, my car will SMELL.

If you can PLEASE help me.
I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks.
Bre

Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

wow I dont even know..................

First thing is your going have to start dropping the ac/heating boxes. Im not sure about the 8th gens but usually to get this done the dash has to be removed.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:28 PM

It seems like he crawled into the air duct. Snakes are cold blooded. You might want to turn the air on LOW and maybe he'll come out. That could kill him faster, though.

What does he eat? Feeder mice? You might try keeping some "bait" contained in the car. He might come out to eat.

I wouldn't drive the car until the snake is out.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

lmao........

Old 11-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Yeah it eats feeder mice, but the problem is he is only fed every other week, and he just got fed. Even when it is 2 weeks later, sometimes he isn't even hungry then. -_- lakjsflakjsf

And i'm trying my hardest not to kill him, and I would gladly take apart my dash, if i knew i could put it back together correctly. lol

Old 11-17-2008, 07:07 PM
HCF Member

call animal control

Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
call animal control
Will they not tear apart my car and keep my bf's snake?!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:17 PM

have you told the boyfriend?

Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

holy ****! sorry but this s quite comical. get the manual and take off the dash. good luck dude

Old 11-17-2008, 07:24 PM
HCF Member

forget it. the same exact thing happen to my friend and his jetta. the snake would not come out and it ended up dying in there. the car smelled so bad for almost a year... it probably still does. i havent seen him in a while and i havent been in his car. he had to use air fresheners of all sorts (hanging ones, sprays, clips that he put on almost all his vents). he tried everything and he could not get the smell out.

Quick Reply: Snake Stuck in my Dash Area