Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Simple Question: Blower Motor Plastic Cage

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Default Simple Question: Blower Motor Plastic Cage

Hi, I am trying to replace the blower motor on my 96 Civic DX 4 door. No problems getting the motor out, it's right under the dash. However, I haven't figured out how to remove the plastic fan cage from the blower motor assembly. The cage is clamped onto the motor spindle, I removed the clamp but the plastic is still lodged firmly on the spindle. I pried up pretty hard around the edges, tried to pry the plastic around the spindle, and tried unscrewing the motor cover. Is there something I am missing? My book doesn't mention how to remove the cage. Also, most dealers do not sell the cage with the blower motor so I assume there should be a way to remove it. Thanks for any help.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Simple Question: Blower Motor Plastic Cage

have a friend hold the exercise wheel (aka cuz people make jokes about our cars being run by hampsters on wheels). You tap gently but frimly on the tip of the motor shaft thats sticking up thu the cage. couple taps is enough to have it fall on your helpers feet. Or on the workbench if you thought of that BEFOE and not AFTER as was my case