Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

shady mall...sorry car

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:23 AM
Default shady mall...sorry car

alright, at some mall today and when i got out and put my key in the door, it didnt work. figured out that some *** tried to slim jim my door open. guy only busted my door lock with the slim jim some how. also, now when i have the music up i can hear a rattle!! SUX! anyways, can anyone here tell me how to take the door panel off of a 98 2dr civic? i just want the ratteling to stop damit, but at least i still have my car. thanks guys...

Old 02-11-2006, 03:00 AM
Default RE: shady mall...sorry car

get a set of door panel pullers, you should B able to get them at a local car shop, if not they could prolly order you a pair

Old 02-11-2006, 10:18 AM

First, just pop off the peice that is opposite the mirror up in the corner. If it has manuel window handles you will need to pop that off, there is a small pin that is behind the handle, if you push the door panel in and look you can see it, one side is open and the other is a hoop. Try to grab the hoop side and pull.Then pull the speaker grill off and there will be a couple screws. Then the one in the handle (the one you use to close the door) and the one in the other door handle (the one you use to open the door from inside) and then remove the little plastic cover around the handle and lock. Now you grab the bottom corner, closest to the fender and give a good tug, it will pop, then do that all the way around the panel, excpet for the part nearest the window. Now you will have to kinda of lift the whole panel up to free it from the window moulding. Done.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:18 PM
HCF Member

...and 1 more thing, get a alarm with a shock senser so it dosent happen again

Old 02-11-2006, 10:53 PM
HCF Member

i can slim jim a honda open in under 60 seconds lol.

Old 02-12-2006, 02:03 PM

thanx LEVIII...ill know who to im when i run into trouble...

i keep my ride in the garage, its only when im out or at school that it worries me...
im thinking i should buy the club...and club to death who ever tries to F with my car

also, is it illegal to hook up a power source to the frame of your car...so that your whole
car is like a big tesla coil? you know, so you can shock the $hit out of anyone who
tries to touch your car? or am i just dreaming again?

Old 02-12-2006, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

You would create a massive short circuit out of your car. The frame (and every other metal part on your car) is ground. So if you were to run power to the frame it would simply ground and something would melt, you battery would die in minutes or it could explode.

Old 02-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pcupo12

i can slim jim a honda open in under 60 seconds lol.
it takes you 60 seconds, damn grampa lol............just playing

Old 02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
HCF Member

LOL......I locked my keys in my civic at work. locksmith came out and had it open in about 10 seconds. I turned to look at one of my coworkers smart off about locking my keys in car and when I turned around the door was open and he was takeing my keys out of the ignition..of course he does it for a living.......