Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

seat belt light in dash kill

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 12:14 PM
HCF Member
Default seat belt light in dash kill

CRX 91, Anyone know howto stop seat belt light in dash from blinking? Allways wear belt but switch must be stuck and cant stand the blinking in my face. There is suposed to be a seat belt beeper light unit somewhere in car. Maybe under dash on passenger side but havent checked yet. If anyone knows how about giving me a hand. Also open door light dosnt come on (maybe related dont know) and would like to fix.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:30 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: seat belt light in dash kill

Also have allready pulled beeper in rear view mirror assy. so that light and beeper is disabled but dont see fuse or anyway to stop dash light. High fines in my area for riding without belt so thats not an issue. Allwys have and allways will wear.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Recognized HCF Member

look under the drivers seat and see if the wire harness has just came unpluged... its a 2wire plug, either its came unpluged or wires damaged, or just maybe the sensor inside the latch is dirty or stuck....

just remmeber to buckel up without the light

Old 01-12-2008, 12:56 PM
HCF Member

Pluged in or unpluged dosnt seem to matter. could it be in the latch where the buckle goes in and if so can it be dismantled to reach problem or can i jump wires or something?

Old 01-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

not realy sure how the latch works. guess id have to go see what my latch works off of. ground or power... or if thiers a resistor in thier to make it harder to disable. ill check it out in alittle bit on my 94civic. should be preaty basic for such a simply mechanism..

Old 01-12-2008, 01:23 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for your help

Old 01-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well on my 94civic.... it looks like its just makes a complete circuit when the belt is latched... and when its unlatched the circle is cut... i got the same NO belt LIGHT with just unpluging the harness....

you tried to just unplug the wires?
now im not EXACTLY SURE but i dont measure any resistance between the wires on the seat itself....

but if that doesnt work. just do your next option.... remove the gauges cluster and find out which small bulb is used to lite up the seatbelt indicator and just remove it no more belt light EVER again....
BUT AGAIN REMEMBER TO BUCKEL UP everytime yourself...

Old 01-12-2008, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

Ive allready removed hood for guages 3 times. Might as well do it again. Just really getting tired of doing it.

Old 01-12-2008, 03:23 PM

the open door light is unrelated i think.

Does the light turn on when the other door is open?

i know on my civic in the door jam there is a rubber button that is pushed in when the door closes and sticks out when door is open. Mine had completely broken off so it was quite obvious to why it wasn't working. What I did is just took the one out of on of the backseat doors and put it on the drivers door.

Since you only have 2 doors, if the passenger side one is still intact, you can take that one off and put it on the drivers side. You can find a used one on ebay for really cheap probably if you want both doors to make the light turn on. For me since no one rides in that backseat i just took that one. It's called a dome light door switch or something like that.

Old 01-12-2008, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

Ill check it out and let you know

Quick Reply: seat belt light in dash kill