Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Seafoam w/ no smoke??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Default Seafoam w/ no smoke??

Hi All,
I seafoamed my civic for the first time yeterday. I have a 2000 EX with 97K miles. I've done the seafoam treatment before, so of course i did this at night to ease the neighbors. Anyway, after restarting my civic i got a very minimal amount of smoke? Any ideas on this? I'm assuming this is a good sign meaning my car had very little carbon build up. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Default RE: Seafoam w/ no smoke??

Your god damn engine must be really clean.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:13 PM

bump....anyone else?? So that's it, my engine is clean? C'mon-it can't be that damn clean w/ almost 98K miles.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Ben

I'f you've already done the treatment before it can be.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: bkr123

bump....anyone else?? So that's it, my engine is clean? C'mon-it can't be that damn clean w/ almost 98K miles.
i seafoamed my 92 hatch last year it had 289,000 miles on the motor and it didn't smoke much when i did it. it can come down to what your driving habits and what gas you use

Old 02-23-2007, 02:37 AM
HCF Member

I had the same thing happen with mine. 98 EX with 130000 miles on her. Almost no smoke. But the lady that owned her before me took VERY good care of her, and I have bee psycho about keeping her in tip top shape. So dont worry about it. If you have kept your car in good running order there might not have been anything for the seafoam to really clean.

Please guys correct me if i am wrong, seriously.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:41 AM

Well, i guess that is good news. I should clarify, when i mentioned i'd used seafoam before it wasn't on this car-i've used it on past vehicles and am used to massive amounts of smoke. I have a little bit left i'm putting in the crankcase and maybe i'll throw some more thru the vacuum lines during the day and see what that yeilds.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

a couple of times, i used about an ounce or so of seafoam and i got no smoke at all. the mileage was about 70k. after getting impatient, i sucked up the rest of the 1/3 of a pint, about 3 ounces. after that i got some serious white smoke for about two minutes.

if you really want to see smoke, maybe try a little more seafoam if you're only using a little bit (ounce).

Old 02-25-2007, 02:08 AM
HCF Member

I used 1/4 of the bottle through a vaccum line and no smoke at all. I also used 1/4 in the crankcase and 1/2 in the fuel. Must be my performance-oriented driving habits... :P

Old 02-26-2007, 02:25 PM
HCF Member

I fed some into my intake manifold through the fuel regulator hose. I couldn't get all of the 1/3 of seafoam in because i had it in a paper cup and the hose wouldn't reach, but got the majority of it in. bogged and stalled once but my bro gave it more rpm's after and that worked.

The check engine light came on and I was freaked a little bit. I unplugged the neg battery cable for 30 seconds, started it back up and it was off, so I guess no big deal.

Mine didn't smoke much either. When i put it in it did, but after it was restarted 5 min. laternot much at all came out.

Quick Reply: Seafoam w/ no smoke??