Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

A scraping/grinding

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Default A scraping/grinding

I just picked up my 2001 ex AT yesterday and driving it home, it was running smooth and here I am thinking it is going to be a decent investment, with 30k Miles and only paying 9k for it, with a warrenty up to 2008 Things seem to be going good. After parking it in my driveway, when i pulled out i heard an almost metal on metal scraping, also everytime i turned the wheel to the right it seemed to make this screeching scraping sound, not all that loud but loud enough to be noticable. I seemed to me like it was coming from the two front tires. Is there anything possibly serious this could be. From what i read it might only be even just a timing belt, or maybe Axle boots :-/ any ideas what it could be?

Old 11-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Default RE: A scraping/grinding

Could be a lot of things. I would say maybe the PS fluid level or a loose belt on the pump, or it could just be the steering column.

Can you be more specific about the problem?

Old 11-29-2005, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

if you just bought it i would bring it right back in and tell them the problem..even if that part is not under warrinty you still have a month to bring it in if you find anything wrong

Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 PM

Its hard to say what the problem is, only when the car I guess goes into reverse i hear this noise, its like taking two metal plates and sliding them together coming from the front end. And that is just for the reverse, when i turn right, there is a screaching that is almost like the noise of breaks that need pads on them, but i am not breaking at all, I might just take it back and see what they say, im also friends with quite a bit of mechanics but I wont go until the weekend, any suggestions till then?