Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Safe to raise rev limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by SoloGSR
So ya once again i have the info i need that clearly didnt come from the "expert" opinions on some people who claim it to ba facts on here.
Then get off the forums. You come on here to ask a question, then proceed to argue with everyone that says what you don't want to hear, generally act like an a**hole, and basically treat everyone on the forums like a retard. We don't need people like you on this forum.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Why are you on this site man, you come to ask a stupid question then not follow anything. Try honda-tech, we dont need your kind here.
I did ask a question, i asked if it was safe or not, and i got answers completly unrelated like "use a SI engine" or "use this trans" or "sell your civic" when i had many times clearly stated that that stuff was not allowed.

My kind? you mean an intelligent person who races cars? Oh im sorry i didnt know that the kind that was allowed here was ones that dont understand what they are reading and talk out there ***. Sorry for trying to research before i got into a new class, But i did learn one thing here- Your long time "respected" members clearly are not that intelligent. Thanks for your time guys it has been very useless.

Originally Posted by DaOne
You asked it yourself.
kthxbye
Your right i did ask if it was safe or not, and yet people decided to give the ricer response of not really knowing the car and just dumping in a bigger engine. I did ask a question, some of u decided to answer a question that was never asked.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by reaper2022
Then get off the forums. You come on here to ask a question, then proceed to argue with everyone that says what you don't want to hear, generally act like an a**hole, and basically treat everyone on the forums like a retard. We don't need people like you on this forum.
I gladly treat everyone with respect that diserves it. I asked a question and some decided to answer what was not asked.

Take care guys i wont clutter up your ricer forum anymore. Your right this clearly isnt the place for anyone with actual knowledge about cars.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:02 PM

You answered...

I CAN NOT have any other engine other than the D15B7 in the class im building for. And clearly you can not back it up seeing as these engines get raced by tons of people all the time. Yes its not good for any engine to be held at the rev limiter but thats not the point.

I just wanted to know if going to 7000 rpm would get me valve float or whatnot. I do understand running an engine hard is not good for it.
You originally asked...

So what do u think? Safe? Safe for a while? Not safe at all?
You answered the question yourself.

94chb summed it up right here.

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
dont waste our time asking for opinions if you dont want to listen and just want to argue. my point is the d15b7 will not hold up.
Ive been told 3 times now by the same guy that i need a SI/EX when i have clearly stated ITS NOT ALLOWED IN THE CLASS!.
Glad you are able to know the rules. Now, just ignore people when they tell you to disobey the rules, don't continually argue back.

I am building for FSP in autox. Raising the rev limiter is completly LEGAL in the class,
How the hell are we supposed to know all the exact rules of FSP in autox. We were under the impression (until this moment), that you were not allowed to modify anything regarding the motor, including the ecu (since it runs the motor). We were all most likely under the impression that you could only have bolt ons.

I gladly treat everyone with respect that diserves it. I asked a question and some decided to answer what was not asked.

Take care guys i wont clutter up your ricer forum anymore. Your right this clearly isnt the place for anyone with actual knowledge about cars.
I don't feel like you treated me with respect and I wasn't bashing you in my first post in this thread. And I actually attempted to answer all of your questions, too. You just read it wrong and thought I was being an a$$ when I said it is a waste of time to rev out there. Sorry I wasn't 100% in tune with how to autox. That's something I don't normally do. So, I guess I'll apologize for not knowing, but trying to help.

Ricer forum??? Have you even looked at any of the project threads? You wouldn't say **** like that if you did. However, you did have enough time to join, make an intro. thread about doing autox, ask your question(s), and then disagree with our answers.

My kind? you mean an intelligent person who races cars? Oh im sorry i didnt know that the kind that was allowed here was ones that dont understand what they are reading and talk out there ***. Sorry for trying to research before i got into a new class, But i did learn one thing here- Your long time "respected" members clearly are not that intelligent. Thanks for your time guys it has been very useless.
Continue to bash members and the forum itself, that's cool. And if your time here has been useless, so why are you still logged on (10/18 6:02pm EST).

Old 10-18-2009, 02:24 PM
HCF Member

He is obviously looking for an argument. Just keep your eyes open for posts by SoloGSR on every other civic forum wondering why his "safely raised rev limiter" caused his b7 blow apart.

Old 10-18-2009, 02:42 PM

^^ There's really no need to say anything like that. He might blow it, but who cares anymore?

Old 10-18-2009, 03:34 PM

Hey guise do u think if i raise my stock Z6 rev limiter to 10k RPMs will it be safe? Oh and before you answer me remember i'm going to do it anyway.