Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Safe to raise rev limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:14 PM

How am I doing you no good? I told you it was a bad idea because you'll probably drop a valve, especially since you'll be going that high every time you go around the track.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Chubby Chaser

there is no way that they can tell the diff if you used a d16z6 trans, we have a couple members already in the autox.
you never stated that the ex or si car can be entered in the race. you stated you cannot mod the car.

my final statement your car's stock d15b7 motor will not last staying in high rpm's. now thats not my opinion thats a fact

Old 10-18-2009, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
there is no way that they can tell the diff if you used a d16z6 trans, we have a couple members already in the autox.
you never stated that the ex or si car can be entered in the race. you stated you cannot mod the car.

my final statement your car's stock d15b7 motor will not last staying in high rpm's. now thats not my opinion thats a fact
First unlike you i dont cheat, so that tells bounds about your character right there.

2nd that IS your opinion you cant back it up, so its not a fact.

And once more seeing as this thread is beyond done this can be ended.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:19 AM
August 2010 ROTM

Wow... you're a new member and you're going to talk like that to members who help people out on this site, on a daily basis, for years? They were just trying to help you bro, but do what you want to do. If you feel like replacing your engine, that's on you. Just don't come here crying how we didn't try to help you.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:24 AM
HCF Member

Lol go trade your civic for a thunderbird

Old 10-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by SoloGSR
First unlike you i dont cheat, so that tells bounds about your character right there.

orly he dont cheat ........ wait then wtf is raising he rev limiter... you have to chip the ecu....so thats what not cheating..modifying a ecu.... dude go **** yourself your full of b.s. call honda who makes the car and ask them if you stay in high rpm's on a stock engine if it will mess up...

Old 10-18-2009, 01:06 PM
HCF Member

orly he dont cheat ........ wait then wtf is raising he rev limiter... you have to chip the ecu....so thats what not cheating..modifying a ecu.... dude go **** yourself your full of b.s. call honda who makes the car and ask them if you stay in high rpm's on a stock engine if it will mess up...
so true about the cheating part.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:19 PM

there is no way that they can tell the diff if you used a d16z6 trans

I am building for FSP in autox. Raising the rev limiter is completly LEGAL in the class, using an illegial trans as you "suggest" i do because "no one will know" is in fact ILLEGAL.

So go f myself because i dont cheat and apparently you think its ok?

FWIW i talked to a national driver who knows d series engines VERY well, and i found out the d15b7 is perfectly safe to raise it to 7400 rpm and anything above would risk damaging it. So ya once again i have the info i need that clearly didnt come from the "expert" opinions on some people who claim it to ba facts on here.

Originally Posted by DaOne
so true about the cheating part.
So true? ya i dont cheat, I win with talent. Clearly some people on here have no morals. If you cant win legit you dont diserve anything.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

Why are you on this site man, you come to ask a stupid question then not follow anything. Try honda-tech, we dont need your kind here.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by SoloGSR

So what do u think? Safe? Safe for a while? Not safe at all?
You asked it yourself.
kthxbye

Quick Reply: Safe to raise rev limiter?