Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Rusted Bolt Tried to loosen it and it BROKE!! Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

Addiction2bass how was the stech springs? i have my front ones installed and it wasnt as low as i thought it would be. u think it would break out more after time? and drop some more?

Old 09-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i liked those springs to a extent... they will sag alittle more once they settle in... which is why you need to wait afew weeks to get a alignment...
they ride nice but as you already know they are just drop springs what you see is what you get.... and if you have attention to detail much youll notice the rear is not a even drop just like any drop springs you can to use.
which is the main reason i ditched the Stechs and went with koni yellow struts and ground control coilovers.
they give you a killer drop as well as adjustable struts and also adjustable height/drop that you can dial in to your liking!!!!!!!!!! and i loved it that way! i had both sides matching height, had front struts set almost full stiff and the rear struts were set soft which rode great for the slammed look. of course its not gonna ride as nice as the Stech or stock springs but the adjustability of everything was well worth the extra cash IMO. expect to pay about 1K or so on the struts and springs depending if you also get adjustable camber arms for front and rear as well....
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...nd%20Controls/
Name:  KONIGC-41.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  216.4 KB
Name:  KONIGC-27.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  176.5 KB
o i miss the old girl..... if only it was a manual id still have it. i had that thing lookin sweet!

this was my daily driving height i set it at. still low and drivable. with any lower then the front rubbing would be a issue with turning

Name:  DSC00206.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  115.6 KB
Name:  DSC00208.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  109.2 KB

Old 09-11-2010, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

im planning on getting skunk2 pro-c adj. suspensions next summer so ill have to wait. this is jsut a temp. for now. since i dont really have the money for them.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:11 PM
HCF Member

By the way u have any pics of when u had the S Techs on?

Old 09-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well just so ya know its best to wait and save. because you will probably only get back half your cash back from the springs and MAYBE half from the struts since people dont like used struts!

not sure about thepics... i think thisis with the stechs
Name:  DSC00135.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  185.5 KB

don remember. only for sure pics i have is with the steelies and pictures suck lightwise!
Name:  day3springstruts010.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  72.6 KB
feel free to troll thru my photobucket page
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...0EX/?start=all

Old 09-11-2010, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

Had quite a history with ur civic lol. looks nice btw. and the stechs looks like a pretty descent drop. hopefully i wont be plowing the roads during the winter. cuz this is going to be my daily car until next year =/. so hopefully it goes good through this one winter.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:06 PM
HCF Member

If you are going to replace the bushings it would be wise to get the master kit from ES it comes with everything less the Trailing arm bushings, I had them on my 91 Crx until it got totaled I loved the way it felt and it took curves wonderfully at AutoX I miss the old girl, there are many conflicting suggestions about the trailing arm bushing though some say they tear up the car more than stockers and some say they have no complaints those are up to you to chose but I would get the entire kit it will save you money in the long run just put them in as you can afford to, and I used a torch and press for the LCA bushings and a dremel to clean the surface up, if you burn the bushings do it in a well ventilated area cuz the smoke will get thick and used a vise to install the ES bushings, btw use the lube they send with the bushings you are going to need it.