Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

RPM Problem. Car stalling. Need help ASAP.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: RPM Problem. Need help ASAP.

My intake looks still real GOOD.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

OHHH this sucks my car stalled on me again while my car was idling. Any HELP out there????[]

Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
HCF Member

Anybody.......[&o]

Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 PM

Is your CEL on ? Does it do it at a certain speed, like when your on the freeway running a constant higher speed or is it just random? Give us some more info about.

When was that last time you did a treatment with seafoam or something down those lines to clean the fuel, injectors, etc...and when did you last change your plugs and plug wires?

Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
HCF Member

NO Cel...
It just does it random. It won't do it when you are driving on the freeway.
I was in the cities driving normal and stuff.. Then when I would downshift from 3rd to 2nd, to slow down for a stop or red light and when I'd let off the clutch after I went to 1st, my car would just die, which was really odd.. Then sometimes when I was at a stoplight, it would be in 1st and I'd have the clutch in, and it would die for no reason. Also, sometimes when I turned corners, and downshifted from 3rd to 2nd, it would die when I released the clutch. I just didn't understand what was going on, and it was really starting to irritate me. It hasn't really happened since, until today. I was at adrive way just leaving Star Bucks, in 2nd, then when I threw it in first (when I was stopped), it died on me when I had the clutch in. My Girl friend was all "..Uh, Not again[&o]?" and I was "..Hrmm.. I dunno, I think somethings wrong with my car babe[].".

My plugs and wires where replaced about 1 1/2 yrs ago with NGK and Laser Platinums Plugs. That is what my car asks for. I poured in a bottle of Lucas upper cylinder lubricant, Injector cleaner about a month ago. Maybe I need to do a Intake System Cleaning or something like that.

How do you do a treatment with sea-foam. It might sound stupid but where do you get it and how do you do the treatment and will this help do what????.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 AM

Seafoam can be purchased at parts stores like advance auto, autozone, etc. It will only help your car and is really good stuff. Its fairly cheap as well.

Have you checked to make sure all your breather lines, sensors and what not are in place and not wet or dirty? If your and engine clean freak as myself (cause I hate when people ask to see my setup and its dirty) You wash your engine bay and I experience this same problem if water gets into any plugs and shorts them out. Clean them with parts cleaner and its good to go for me. It's kind of hard to determine a problem if your not actually in person checking things.

Take your plug wires off, remove your plugs and make sure they look to be in good condition and not dirty, and same with your plug wires and put them back. If there dirty of getting a loose connection it will not run right.

Basically, you want to check over everything and make sure your getting good grounds, connections, and even though your filter does not look dirty, Im sure it is.My AEM dry flow looks clean till you get a sink full of water to wash it and after your done the water looks like someone poured oil in your sink haha.

double check everything as you get time today and check all your sensors, plugs, wires to make sure there all in good condition.

This may sound dumb but post a picture of your engine bay if you have a recent one or can take one of it real quick.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:55 PM
HCF Member

I don't like to wash my engine. I always clean it with a moist rag.
***I have an AEM dry filter is it possible to be cleaned out????
Tomorrow I get off work early (noon) and will go back to school and work until Monday so I will Have 4 1/2 days to work on my Si. It's just sitting on my garage because I go to work on my working truck

Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

this is the seafoam right????

Old 11-21-2007, 12:13 AM
HCF Member

yeah that's seafoam, there's a diy in the diy section...

Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 PM

my car does this also i cant figure out the problem most of the time its when i have low gas but not at all on E.

Quick Reply: RPM Problem. Car stalling. Need help ASAP.