Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replaced EVERYTHING. Front brake still drags.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by civicalized
You stripped the cv threads? I did not know that was possible! Evidently them honda farm boys got strength too much. I'll call you next time I have trouble loosening something.

As for your brake trouble, that's an odd one, something must be clogged enough to restrict brake fluid return from the caliper. Pedal force = high pressure, caliper relaxing after use = low pressure, crappy steel line perhaps? Does brake fluid drip out of both front bleeders when loosened? Make sure a plugged bleeder doesn't confuse this test. Perhaps work upstream loosening brake fittings until you get to a point where it drips out freely?
Yea, verily. When you say everything did that include caliper AND brake lines?
This one I like. You may indeed have a bit of trash in the brake line that prevents the piston from retracting or you may also have something behind or mal adjusted behind the piston all of which prevent retraction.
In any case it will require a considerable flush of the brake line to that wheel and if it doesn't clear the problem the disassembly is required as well. Do not save on the brake fluid; use plenty and as high rate as possible so it runs out fast, not just drips..
Good luck.
PS ever heard of a torque wrench?

Last edited by mahout; 06-10-2010 at 04:38 AM.