Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Removing ac

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Default Removing ac

i will soon have a 93 civic dx and the ac has died a while ago. i want to remov the ac b/c 1 it dosent work and ive been told it weighs a lot and it will make a diiference in race(which i will never do because it is illegal^^) if any1 has instructions or knows a site that will tell me how to do it ur help is very appreciated. or if any1 has had this problem and knows a simple fix thet would help too (it is charged but just dosent cool)

Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Removing ac

a DX ac?

Old 04-18-2007, 02:43 PM

ya ..im not shure but i think my dad had them throw it in a part of a deal. could be wrong..i was 3 when he bought it : p

the engine is a d15 1.5 non v-tec if that makes a diff...im so proud of my dad that he bought the worst civic lol

Old 04-18-2007, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

I have the same exact car...Im going to hate the summer

Old 04-18-2007, 02:49 PM

worst part is its black with black interior

Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 PM
HCF Member

Are DX a/c's prone to problems? I have a '97 DX and the a/c still works, but the compressor is a bit noisy and it cuts in and out intermittently. I think either my fan motor or my a/c temp sensor is blown because the a/c radiator fan doesn't come on at all. If I get the fan fixed will the problem go away? Or is my a/c pretty muchabout to die?

Old 04-18-2007, 02:56 PM

the ac went without warning in my car so idk about the noise..ur compressor may need oil(i think they take oil lol that could b another part tho im still new to working on cars)

Old 04-18-2007, 03:05 PM

AC is an option in the DX series (mine has it, will go away when I swap)

as for taking it out, it's really removing the coil, compressor etc

side note, the piping is charged, and it might be as simple as the system lost its charging... in either case, pre removing, i'd get the system discharged... or stand back and yank the pipes from a distance with some rope or something...

though don't do that, it kills the environment

Old 04-18-2007, 03:11 PM

thanks

Old 04-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well id say if ya do decide to pull the unit... IF ya remove the lines... just seal up the tubes and such JUST incase ya ever want to replace the bad parts! also seal up all the tubes on the stuf you remove... if its good its worth some cash if someone needs that part but no good if it fills with moisture and water or dirt or bugs.......

i removed my old AC off my 66impala and i must say i wish i never did!!!!!!!! it didnt work to well but it gets hot as hell with the black interior

Quick Reply: Removing ac