Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Radiator/Dash Light Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:21 PM
HCF Member
Default Radiator/Dash Light Problems.

Ill start with my radiator fan problem, in a nut shell it is not turning on the reason being because every time I turn on the car a the fuse under the dash column pops, now I have ran a hot wire to the fan directly and it turns on and stay on no issues so I know for sure its not the fan. I assume it is a wiring issue and a loose wire is causing the fuse to overload or something. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good spot to begin looking because I would love for my car to not overheat when I get stuck in traffic. Another issue is my dash lights every so often flicker on and off. The other day they turned off for like a good min or so and i hit the top of my dash and bam lights. Now they are on more then they are off and its usually just a brief moment of being off like a flash but I figure this just confirms my wiring issue. I really would like to fix this myself but I don't even know where to begin and I am getting a swap done pretty soon and would like to resolve my radiator fan issue ASAP so I don't mess up my new engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited by Pojoman; 09-05-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Which fuse? What model year? You will need to pull the wiring diagram for your car and find which parts are powered by that fuse, then check them all for shorts.

The dash lights are probably a different problem. The dimmer control can get flakey. Next time they go out, tap only on the dimmer and see if that makes them come back.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:33 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by mk378
Which fuse? What model year? You will need to pull the wiring diagram for your car and find which parts are powered by that fuse, then check them all for shorts.

The dash lights are probably a different problem. The dimmer control can get flakey. Next time they go out, tap only on the dimmer and see if that makes them come back.
1994 Civic Cx hatch The fuse i cant remember at the moment but i did check the diagram and it did go to the radiator fan.