Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Projection Halo Headlights w/ HID???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Question Projection Halo Headlights w/ HID???

My friend owns a 2008 Honda Civic 2dr. His birthday is coming up on the 15th and i want to buy him headlights. I found two possible headlights. They are both Projection Halo headlights. I also found a HID conversion kit for about $70. I need help figuring out if the HID kit will work with either of the lights.

Here are the first headlights:
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...129/index.html

And here are the second Headlights:
http://www.360tuners.com/index.asp?P...OD&ProdID=2290

Here is the HID kit:http://www.amazon.com/JLM-HID-Conver...9281232&sr=8-9

If the HIDs will not fit, the Projection lights will still look good right? And is the HID kit for both headlights or do i have to buy 2 kits?

Sorry for being such a n00b.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:47 AM

Self bump

Old 08-03-2009, 01:33 AM

It's the middle of the night man, no need to bump. No one answered you because no one is on here to see the thread.

Also, I see these are your first posts. Welcome to HCF.

I really recommend against projector headlights. I have had 2 sets in my lifetime (cheap set, expensive set) and they both sucked. The cheap set had horrible light output. The expensive set broke while adjusting the beam.
Secondly, I think they're ugly (except for OEM projectors on cars that come with them... those look fine).

Another thing is... the headlights that come on the 06-09 Civics... already look great from the factory due to their black housings. That is something that IMO you should leave the same.

I also recommend against HIDs due to:
1. they're illegal on cars that don't come with them (the exception is a retrofit... when you take another car's OEM HID projector and put it in your car's headlight housing)
2. they scatter light
3. they clutter up the engine bay

It would be better instead to just use a set of nicer halogen bulbs.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:35 AM

Thanks for all of your help.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 AM

The reason why I wanted to buy him black headlights is because he already has JDm style tail lights and they look sick. But his headlights are still stock. Any suggestions. Shouldn't the headlights also be black?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:52 AM

They're not JDM style. "JDM" is a misleading title keyword that ebay sellers use to attract people because they think the word "JDM" makes something cool. Apparently it's working...

And if they're altezzas, they probably look stupid.

And aren't the headlights already black? They come with black housings stock

Last edited by trustdestruction; 08-03-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 AM

They are either Spyder or Altezza, not sure. Here is a picture and link:
http://www.ilovebodykits.com/product...JDM_Black.html

Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 AM

hopefully, someone else will have some other insight for me.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
They're not JDM style. "JDM" is a misleading title keyword that ebay sellers use to attract people because they think the word "JDM" makes something cool. Apparently it's working...

And if they're altezzas, they probably look stupid.
+1 on the "JDM" nonsense. lol at the fact at trust already knew that they were ugly looking altezzas before even seeing them.

OP, tell your friend to go back to stock tails. Skip HIDs, as trust said, they are illegal unless you buy HID projectors from say an Acura TSX, cut the stock headlights and fit the projectors in. IMO, halos are rice. BTW, I forgot to add, I think it's cool that you're trying to buy some car stuff for a friend for his/her birthday. Maybe get him/her something like a Visa Gift card so he/she can get something that they would really want for their car.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 08-03-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:18 AM

I found the headlights I think I'm going to get my friend.

However I have heard that headlights such as these come with crappy halogens. Any suggestions on a brand of halogens?

Quick Reply: Projection Halo Headlights w/ HID???