Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Problem with Bleeding Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
HCF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by FruitBodyWash
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but... how do I connect tubing to out ports? They are female fitting on the master cylinder.
It has been a longx2 time since I did master cylinder replacement job. Last time I did was an American car. So, I don't know if tubes for priming are included if you buy O/H master cylinder for Honda. In any case, it seems like thee female threads are 1/8 pipe threads. I am not 100% sure about this so some one else on the forum can contribute on this.

You need to go to hardware store and buy brass fittings with that thread size on one end and the other end with 1/8 inch hose end. You need to buy 1/8 inch clear tubing also.

If the store has plastic fitting of the same size I would buy them. In case the threads are not 1/8 pipe threads, plastic fitting won't damage aluminum master cylinder.

If the store has rubber plugs, buy them along with brass pipes and clear tubing of proper sizes. Now you can make plugs with clear tubing attached.

If you don't have tools to accomplish the work, you need to buy, borrow or make them.

To me, there is no stupid-question.

There will be stupid person, however, if I was asked the same question three times by the same person. You haven't asked the same question twice, I think.

Last edited by maachan513; 09-28-2010 at 05:14 PM.