Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

prob with 95 dx overheating...WTF

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Default RE: prob with 95 dx overheating...WTF

I don't see any white smoke when it's warm outside...but when it's cool I saw some white smoke but same the new car look like to have that white smoke...do that mean my gasket are bad?

Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Recognized HCF Member

When its cold, it's normal to see water vapor present in engine exhaust to condense to form a white vapor. It is abnormal to see this occur in warm weather from car with a warmed engine.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Mel, you should start a new topic about your car.

As Ron said, white smoke is normal from a cold car in cold weather. It is water vapor that is formed when the gasoline burns.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:59 PM

ok here is the update my car was pouring smoke out of the oil tank and it failed th compression test like hellen keller at a spelling bee. the head is on its way to get machined right now my head gasket set arrived all im waiting on is my timing belt package. i am notdoing the install myself cuz my fiance needs the car asap and i have way too much school work plus my full time job. my buddy s hooking me up for like 500 for everything. that seemed like a good price considering it will only take him a few hoursonce he has all the parts.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:56 PM
HCF Member

$500 plus parts?

Old 11-11-2007, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Pete

$500 plus parts?
yea and he got me all new oem parts for 100 so i guess i cant complain. my car is getting fixed without me having to do the work and i can stil study for my tests.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Good luck with the exams.

Old 11-11-2007, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: RonJ

Good luck with the exams.
thanks dude. if your ever in the pittsburgh area let me know ill drink a few beers with you

Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 PM

I've been following this threadso let us know how it goes. About the $500, I hope you "do not get what you pay for" because that is quite inexpensive if I followed you correctly. About Helen Keller, I believe she was actually quite literate. About college, it will be one of the best investmentsthat you make so hang in there. Good luck onexams!

Old 11-12-2007, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Garon

I've been following this threadso let us know how it goes. About the $500, I hope you "do not get what you pay for" because that is quite inexpensive if I followed you correctly. About Helen Keller, I believe she was actually quite literate. About college, it will be one of the best investmentsthat you make so hang in there. Good luck onexams!
I was origionally going to anne frank as an example but not that many ppl would get the joke unless tey saw clerks 2. the guy who is doing the labor is a friend of mine. he does really good work im jut getting the hook up because i have sent him alot of business and i occasionally drop of a case or 2 of budweiser off at his shop for him. this is my first break i get away from my textbooks today lol. only 1 month left until semester break

Quick Reply: prob with 95 dx overheating...WTF