Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

power window sag? how hard to swap out motor setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default power window sag? how hard to swap out motor setup?

well im not sure if its a bad motor or bad linkages....

alls i know is in my 94civic coupes drivers window seems to sag. i can manualy move the window about 1/2-1inch up and down with the window rolled down abit.... and the window tends to move forwards about 1/4inch so i have to roll the window up, roll it down a bit and then hold the window back with my hand and roll it up the last inch or two..... for it to close right...

now the thing is i have a spare drivers door from another EX that i can swap the door guts from only thing is i have no idea of their condition either.... so for al i know it sags just as bad. and the windows rolled all the way up on that door so i cannt just try and move it. im just SO TIRED of having to move the window by hand for it to close properly!

ive greased the tracks ALOT so at least it moves up and down decently now but still moves forwards when rolling up. i was hoping greasing it would fix it but no good but at least it helped my passenger window rolling up and down!
and well my fat @ss goes thru drive thrus quite a bit so i roll the windows up and down quite a bit.LOL

Old 02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: power window sag? how hard to swap out motor setup?

Pop the door trim off to inspect the window regulator, which is either loose (regulator to door or regulator to window glass) or broken. You should be able to get a functional regulator at the junk yard.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i got a spare door thats got all the guts in it as a plus but not sure about its condition... ive had the door panel off and every bolt on the door that was on the outside was all tight...

i do know that the door panel trim has been rubbing along the glass for quite some time.... cause the tint is almost all rubbed thru!
but on a side note yes the tint is TOAST..... i just need to get a friend together to pick me up and drop me off at the tint shop when its done.LOL

Old 02-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Recognized HCF Member

So can you see what the problem is by pulling the door trim off and then running the window motor (after reattaching the wiring)?

You probably have a faulty regulator like the one described in Forty04's DIY:

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_392134/tm.htm