Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Performance Parts for a ZC???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Default Performance Parts for a ZC???

Ok guys I now know that my engine is a ZC out of an Integra thanx... What I need to know now is where can I find some performance parts for this engine I've searched everywhere with no luck does anyone have any good links to places that would ship to Australia. Help would be most appreciated.
Cheers Ash.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:49 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Performance Parts for a ZC???

sorry to say but there is not much aftermarket support for the zc because they are not legal. is it sohc or dohc? that makes a difference

Old 09-10-2006, 09:52 AM
HCF Member

might look at this.
do not know if they ship to you:

http://www.modacar.com/car/Honda/Civic/

edit: it does say on the site that they now ship international orders.
they are in california

Old 09-10-2006, 01:33 PM
HCF Member

crower and delta do regrinds for the cams. b18a/b valve springs, retainers can be installed in the head with some machining. rods and pistons can be bought for a d16a6 but keep in mind the piston dome cc is larger for the dohc zc(+7.2cc) as opposed to the d16a6. metal head gasket is an hks only unit and can still be found on ebay. arp headstuds are actually made for an srt-4 but if im not mistaken arp now has a kit specific to the dohc zc and d16a1. JG makes dohc zc specific adj cam gears but keep in mind dohc zc and d16a1 cam gears are totally different. jackson racing makes a supercharger also for the dohc zc/d16a1. turbo kits for sohc d-series will bolt up to the dohc zc/d16a1. there are lots of parts available you just have to know where too look. i would post a web addy to a great zc site but i might be looked down on for doing so. if you would like the addy pm me.

ecit: this information is assuming yoru using a dohc zc which i beleive you are.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:08 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mikezcdx

sorry to say but there is not much aftermarket support for the zc because they are not legal.
since when and why? there just as legal as any jdm swap. i see it being no more illegal than putting in a jdm d15b vtec, jdm b16a/b, jdm b18c/cr etc........

edit i noticed your from cali..........every engine swap is illegal there unless you have the paper work to prove the swap isnt stolen, the swap is of the same year or newer than you car, and your capable of passing emissions. either way though cali is gay about stuff like that. that is why i love living on the east coast. we have non of that west coast bs