Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Ok ive done ls swaps but.......... Not like this

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Default Ok ive done ls swaps but.......... Not like this

Whas happenen ppl ok ive done tons of ls swaps but not like this ok this guy wants an automatic put in his civic its a 93 civic coupe a 94 ls and auto tranny (jus b easier for this guy to learn how to drive stick) first thing what mounts I have engine and tranny in now with ls mounts but is obvious the geometry is wrong ok I kno I need an auto ecu and harness?? Im guessen like manual u need ls axles not civic ones what else?? Has any1 done this swap before oooo civic is auto as well I do see more sensors or controls on ls tranny as well any help would.be saweet!!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:28 AM

42 views and no reply lol guess this IS sumthin nobody does lol ima have to tell this guy to learn to drive stick haha

Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

thats what i would tell him to do... buy my understanding, that manuals hold up better, and if he ever wants to do any big mods to it, he will regret doign that.... however, if you do go through with the swap, i might be interested in buying the manual tranny and all the parts i would need from the car to do a auto to manual swap on my 93 LX

Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 PM

Ik would but there is no manual tranny it went frm an auto d15 to an auto b18 engine I dunno even tho I think its dumb to run auto I am learning lol gotta look at brite side ill prolly never do a swap like this again but I can say.i have..... Well when it runs engine and tranny r in now got lil things to do now

Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 AM
HCF Member

from what I've read you have to replace the entire front frame rails with ones from a car that came with an auto b18

Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 AM

I don't know about manual to auto, but I would think you have to replace all the tranny mounts with auto mounts. You would need B series axles and the ECU/harness.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:32 PM

everything fits fine inbetween frame rails used civic tranny mount thas the only thing not rite its cocked a lil funny gotta go get mount tomorrow but this is what is installed rite now engine, tranny, ecu, harness, had to use throttle body for auto jus cuz the bosses for the kickdown cable bracket wasnt drilled and tapped had one jus sitten around, thas as far as I am now need to get p/s bracket hoping auto starter frm d15 works had same bolt pattern as ls auto jus hoping gear and flywheel mesh didnt think bout checkin till too late owell ima try then lil things ill keep u guys posted I have pics jus dont kno how to upload from android phone

Last edited by 209Chris; 03-22-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:42 PM

Ok so I fired it up and romped around a lil today has some issues.... In d4 it seems to slip and not really go but shifting thru gears it gets em pretty good and axles are different the shoulders that the seals ride on has a larger diameter on the manual tranny splines are the same and axles are actually closer to body of tranny on auto the half shaft bearing block is shallower on auto, manual it sticks out more so this naturally causes problems with the header thats on it now which is for a 5 speed the o2 sensor will not go with shaft rite on top of hole so I got a new bung and plugged existing hole gunna weld bung kinda on side tomorrow I have enuff wire to do so flange for single cam at the cat is kinda at a diagnal while the b series is parallel with the ground gotta cut and clock this tomorrow weld it up......i need help with the shifting thing if anyone knows anything I would for sure appreciate it thanx guys and wish me luck cause as is im breakin even on this job :-/